Theres been a few times in the last few months when "real" (ie not spam) mail got filtered as spam and I did not get it - causing problems. I read somewhere it is a growing problem as well.

I try to keep all my filters etc as up to date and as well planned as possible, but there are times when people have sent me a mail and it just gets lost.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I failed to anticipate that I might be approached by a translation agency bizarrely and irrelevantly named 'Latina', but they were kind enough to phone me after my filter stopped two of their emails.

You have to set your filters very carefully...

It has happened to me and I'm sure a lot of people - even if they do try to do their best with filters and the like. I lost out on some extra $$ for missing one a while back - and I didn't know until months later when they came back to me and said "but you didn't answer our email"...??!

Quote:
Originally posted by peterson:
:rolleyes: Wow that was a surprise.
Sarcasm eh?

I just assumed from
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
that you were a bit clueless so I made a simple observation...

I think your email is drying up because everybody hates you.

Yep I've had a few gone missing. Read something about it as well somewhere a while back, a growing problem. More people are following up on mails saying "did you get my email" which is an annoying thing to have to do (and to get - but they'll usually get in the spam bin as well right?)

There's one guy I know who never seems to want to write a subject in an email - I bet tons of the mail he sends gets unread.

The other way round is a problem as well of course - your emails may not get read because you've been filtered out by someone's 'not very well thought out' filtering. That has happened to me. The subject line was not spam-like, etc but it got blocked.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrange:
It has happened to me and I'm sure a lot of people - even if they do try to do their best with filters and the like. I lost out on some extra $$ for missing one a while back - and I didn't know until months later when they came back to me and said "but you didn't answer our email"...??!
I got 250 million dollars from the Africans for helping them send money overseas - anybody else? \:D

You can always of course (as many people do) use it as an excuse when you either forgot about an important thing or just wanted more time.

"What, you sent me an email?

I didn't get that.

Really sorry.

I wonder what could have happened.

Deary me.

Please resend it and I'll let you know I get it."