• SnowJapan Admin

Sigh.

A new "member" who we approved on Wednesday turned out to just want to spam some other members via Private Messages.

If you got spam PM last night - sorry, not much we can do about that apart from increase how strict we are in approving new members (but we don't really want to have to do that).

Anyway, that member is now completely banned and deleted from the forums, so you won't be seeing "her" around any more.

Thanks. And thanks for Fattwins for pointing it out. If this happens again we might not know about it straight away and so please do let us know and we'll be on the case.

(We thought we'd put this in the main forums so that you can respond if you want.)

Cheers.

I won, I won, Ill fly everybody to Niseko next winter!

cynthia has sent you the following message through SnowJapan.Com Online Community:

--------------------

lovely_2cynthia@yahoo.fr Dear, How are you today? I am Miss Cynthia Milan 23yrs the Daughter of Dr Clement milan, he was international business man, he deal on timber business when he was alive. Though you dont know me and i dont know you before but I believe that relationship and comunication with someone you never know before starts a day. There is this huge amount of Seven million U.S dollar($7,000,000.00) which my late Father kept in one of the security company here in Abidjan before he,my mother and the only sister i have died on motor accident here in Cote d'ivoire. Now as i'm the only person left in the family i decided to contact you to HELP me retrieve the money from the security company where it was deposited as a family valuable by my late father and transfer it into your personal account in your country for any profitable investment in your country. If you can be of an HELP to me, i will be pleased to offer to you 10% of the total fund for HELPING me after the money have been retrieved from the security company and you will arange for my coming to meet you in your country. I wait for your urgent response so that i will give you more information. Thanks and God bless you Miss Cynthia Milan. Pls Reply Direct to lovely_2cynthia@yahoo.fr

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol.gif

• SnowJapan Admin

Not sure how many of you got that, but you won't be getting anything from that user again thats for sure.

(To think we used to have it set up on here so that new registrations didn't even need to be approved and anyone could post without being registered. Now the site is so much more used and well-known, I dread to think what it would be like on here if it was still like that. eek.gif )

PS Can you fly me to Hokkaido next year too please?

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
I didn't get that, but can we do something to "report" that email address or something?
Supposedly there are sites where you can report spam; I just think theyre not gonna go away mad.gif

should I delete the above thread SJ1?

You cold post the address on this site so they can have some fun with these clowns. I think you can report address abuse to the companies providing the service. In this case it is France therefore French. Bit of a challenge unless you know French. Anyone??

Yama, pick me up on the way to Niseko!!

I feel left out, I didn't get one. So the fact that someone registered on a forum, then waited to get approved.... actual people doing this, not just machines throwing the spam out?