I had some Kobe beef - not actually in Kobe, but in Tokyo. Well they said it was Kobe beef. And it was probably the best I have ever had. Very tender, good stuff it was. Happily I wasn't paying the bill - it was outrageously expensive.

Tell us what it was like, will you Furm?

\:\)

Well, the quest was successful, but outrageously expensive.

We asked the hotel where to go...I couldn't tell you the name of the place, but it was pretty cool. Near Sannomiya stn. in Kobe. The hotel lady suggested ordering the most expensive option to ensure getting "real kobe beef." That ran about 15,000 yen each.

The first floor was a butcher shop. The butcher walked us through the back into the alley-elevator and up to the 4th floor.

The steak was very tender indeed and of course a bit fatty. It basically melted in your mouth.

I would love to eat it again, but wouldn't pay for it myself. The experience was worth it though....once.

I have been ripped down there, paid about the same. I thought it was good, but not 6 times better than the steak in our local restaurant (price is 6x).

I think by 2 chips she probably means the laughable potatoes you might get at a famiresu with a steak.

• 2 weeks later...