...they`re just mentally challenged. And although they can`t lift heavy things, at least they`ve got tha money to pay somebody else to lift `em.

Came across these `quotable` quotes.

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7." David Beckham

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game, as long as we won the league." Mark Viduka

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I`ve ever had at this level. Well, he`s the only manager I`ve actually had at this level. But he`s the best manager I`ve had." David Beckham

"If you don`t believe you can win, there is no point getting out of bed at the end of the day." Neville Southall

"I`ve had 14 bookings this season- 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable." Paul Gascoigne

"I`ve never wanted to leave. I`m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well." Alan Shearer

"I`d like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona." Mark Draper

"You`ve got to believe that you`re going to win, and I believe we`ll win the World Cup until the final wistle blows and we`re knocked out." Peter Shilton

"I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state I don`t want to leave Leicester." Stan Collymore

... more later.

‘I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona' - MARK DRAPER

'It was a big relief off my shoulder.' - PAUL GASCOIGNE

'Football's not just about scoring goals - it's about winning.' - ALAN SHEARER (over there)

'It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up' - IAN WRIGHT on his team mate's admission of alcoholism

'There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.' - GARY LINEKER

'I never predict anything, and I never will.' - PAUL GASCOIGNE

'I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.' - IAN RUSH

'My name is usually the one on the end of people's lips.' - IAN WRIGHT

'All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed' - MITCHELL THOMAS

'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES

'He's put on weight and I've lost it, and vice versa.' - RONNIE WHELAN

'He'd no alternative but to make a needless tackle.' - PAUL ELLIOTT

'The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.' - GRAEME LE SAUX

Interviewer : Which is your favourite commentary team,BBC or ITV?

Graeme Le Saux : Sky.

'He (Steve Walsh) is the type of player who will follow you to every end of the box.' - KERRY DIXON

'I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.' - JOHNNY GILES

'Football's not like an electric light - you can't just flick the button and change from slow to quick.' - JOHN GREIG

'I was disappointed to leave Spurs, but quite pleased that I did.' - STEVE PERRYMAN

'I spent four indifferent years at Goodison, but they were great years.' - MARTIN HODGE

'You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe that we'll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked out.' - PETER SHILTON

'He's one of those managers you'd give your left leg to play for.' - COLIN COOPER

'I'm not convinced that Scotland will play a typically English game.' - GARETH SOUTHGATE

'We didn't think we'd come here tonight and get any sort of result.' - LES SEALEY

'If there wasn't such a thing as football we'd all be frustrated footballers.' - MICK LYONS

'I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel.' - STUART PEARCE

'I can't promise anything, but I promise 100%.' - PAUL POWER

'All the Leeds team are 100% behind the manager,but I can't speak for the rest of the squad.' - BRIAN GREENHOFF

'My legs sort of disappeared from nowhere.' - CHRIS WADDLE

'I may have handed in a transfer request, but there is no way that I want to leave this club.' – DAVID EYRES

'She (Eileen Drewery) gives the players a shoulder to talk to.' - NEIL WEBB

'Our consistency's been all over the place' - ANDY HINCHCLIFFE

'I've lost count of the times I've played in that fixture. Each one was a memorable occasion.' - TREVOR STEVEN

'The boss keeps those things up his sleeve, close to his chest' - CRAIG BURLEY

Rob Shepherd : 'Was there a game last season in which Blackburn's season turned around?'

Kevin Gallagher : 'Yes,when we beat Liverpool 2-0.'

Shepherd : 'And was there something in that game which made you think that the season was about to turn round for you?'

Gallagher : 'Well,we scored three goals.'

'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

'The left foot has helped - it's always been there, but I haven't always had the chance to use it.' - STIG INGE BJORNEBEYE

Credit card application form question : 'What is your position at the company?'

Jason McAteer's (self-confirmed) response : 'Right back.'

'I'm five short [of the Arsenal goalscoring record] - not that I'm counting.' - IAN WRIGHT

'No money in the world can buy a white England shirt.' - ALAN SHEARER

'The manager has given us unbelievable belief.' - PAUL MERSON

'We defended like Trojans.' - MIKE STOWELL

'If you're 0-0 down, there's no-one better to get you back on terms then Ian Wright.' - ROBBIE EARLE

'You don't need balls to play in a cup final.' - STEVE CLARIDGE

'Once you've had a bull terrier, you never want another dog. I've got six bull terriers, a rottweiler and a bulldog.' - JULIAN DICKS

'I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.' - BARRY VENISON

'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' - IAN WRIGHT

'If it's not a contract I want then I won't sign it. That's not a threat.' - ROY KEANE

'I can't even remember when the Seventies was.' - ROBBIE KEANE

'The groin's been a little sore but after the semi-final I put it to the back of my head.' - MICHAEL HUGHES

'I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable' - PAUL GASCOIGNE

'If Gabriel Amato's shot had gone in, the result could have been different' - GIOVANNI VAN BRONCKHORST

'If, since the start, I'd played well and put in some good matches it would all have been too simple.' - NICOLAS ANELKA

'I was born in Newcastle and I've played for Newcastle Schoolboys all my life.' - DENNIS TUEART

'I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.' - ALAN SHEARER

'I dreamt of playing for a club like Manchester United, and now here I am at Liverpool.' - SANDER WESTERVELD

'Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough.' - JONATHAN WOODGATE

'My motivation and my back no longer exist.' - MARTIN DAHLIN

Interviewer : 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'

DAVID BECKHAM : 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.'

'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - STEVE LOMAS

'Paul Scholes - the most complete mental player I've ever seen.' - BEN THORNLEY

'...the ball went over mine and Colin Calderwood's heads and who should be there at the far post but yours truly - Alan Shearer.' - COLIN HENDRY

'I was alone up front, with Danny Murphy playing between me, myself and the midfield.' - MICHAEL OWEN

'In football, you dont really know what is going on but we will worry about that when it happens.' - NEIL SULLIVAN

'I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier.' - UGO EHIOGU

'Maybe the mistakes have looked worse because they led to goals.' - IAN WALKER

'It will be a difficult couple of days. It's difficult now and it will be difficult tomorrow.' - GARY NEVILLE

'I find the growing intervention by the football authorities in strictly footballing matters a rather worrying trend.' - KENNY CUNNINGHAM

'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - MARK VIDUKA

'You can't do better than a goal on your first start.' - BOBBY ZAMORA

'At times they don't like you to kick them and they feel you're not allowed to kick them.' - ALAN SHEARER

'One point from an away game is no longer considered a victory.' - PETTER RUDI

'The pace of the game between first team and reserves is like night and day.' - MAURICE MALPAS

'If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.' - NEVILLE SOUTHALL

'I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.' - LEE HENDRIE

'It痴 different - its not the same' - RYAN GIGGS

'The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukranians will be more European.' - PHIL NEVILLE

'If you never concede a goal, you're going to win more games than you lose' - BOBBY MOORE

'Left alone with our own heads on, we can be pretty mental' - TONY ADAMS

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.' - ALAN SHEARER

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals' - THIERRY HENRY

'We all know that promotion is the carrot at the end of the tunnel' - MARK YARDLEY

'I don't make predictions. I never have done and I never will do.' - IAN WRIGHT

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7' - DAVID BECKHAM

'You usually like to play promoted sides around Christmas. They have got two lungs at the moment.' - PAUL MERSON

'I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester.' - STAN COLLYMORE

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'There's no way the future's over for Martin Keown, Tony Adams or David Seaman.' - ALAN SHEARER

'As a striker, you are either in a purple patch or struggling. At the moment, I'm somewhere in between.' - BOB TAYLOR

'We lost because we didn't win.' - RONALDO

'There's a rat in the camp throwing a spanner in the works' - CHRIS CATTLIN

'It was like deja vu all over again.' - SHAKA HISLOP

'I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football.' - LES FERDINAND

'I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing' - ADE AKINBIYI

'He's different, like every manager, I suppose' - UGO EHIOGU

'Second best is not good enough really. Although if someone turned around now and said 'you will be promoted, but you will come in second' then I would take it.' - STEVE HOWEY

'He'll be the leader in the tool kit' - ROBBIE EARLE

'I have a good record there. Played one, won one, and hopefully it will be the same after Saturday.' - STEVEN GERRARD

'We have to be careful not to let our game not be the game we know it should be.' - PAUL INCE

'If you make the right decision, its normally going to be the correct one.' - DAVE BEASANT

'At least it was a victory and at least we won.' - BOBBY MOORE

'This is the one-off occasion and you can't get any bigger occasion than that' - BRYAN ROBSON

'Everything in our favour was against us' - DANNY BLANCHFLOWER

'That's a question mark everyone's asking' - BRUCE GROBBELLAR

'We could be putting the hammer in Luton's coffin' - RAY WILKINS

'You can only do as well as what you have done' - BRYAN ROBSON

'Football's all about 90 minutes' - GLENN HODDLE

'It feels like winning the cup final, if that's what it feels like.' - GRAHAM HAWKINS

'If you stand still there is only one way to go, and that's backwards.' - PETER SHILTON

'You only get one opportunity of an England debut' - ALAN SHEARER

'Both sets of defenders are doing well for Deportivo' - MICK MARTIN

'The championship is the carrot at the end of the championship' - TONY COTTEE

'That was in the past - we're in the future now' - DAVID BECKHAM

'It was a game of two halves, literally.' - CHRIS POWELL

'It's a no-win game for us. Although I suppose we can win by winning.' - GARY DOHERTY

'I was both surprised and delighted to take the armband for both legs.' - GARY O'NEIL

'I was really surprised when the FA knocked on my doorbell' - MICHAEL OWEN

'What we have to do is put our teeth into the Premiership.' - PETER SCHMEICHEL

'Wayne Rooney can go all the way to the top if he keeps his head firmly on the ground' - DAVID UNSWORTH

'He managed to make a good hash of it in the end' - NIALL QUINN

'The manager could not even talk to us at the interval - he said we were bad.' - JOHN TERRY

'It's great to get the first trophy under the bag' - MICHAEL OWEN

'I thought from start to finish we really started well' - JOHN HARTSON

'I've always been a childhood Liverpool fan, even when I was a kid' - HARRY KEWELL

'Its going to be difficult for me - I've never had to learn a language and now I do.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'He’s started anticipating whats going to happen before its even happened' - GRAEME LE SAUX

'We seem to be a side that if we don't score we get beat' - JASON MCATEER

'In the last ten minutes I was breathing out of my arse' - CLINTON MORRISON

'It's not just the manager who makes the decision, it's the player who makes the decision. They both decide fifty-fifty to make a decision.' - RUUD VAN NISTELROOY

'Over the years a lot of great players have left United - I'm sure the same will happen to me one day.' - ROY KEANE

'The stars above Italian clubs' badges shows you how many times they have won the Gazetta' - DAVID JAMES

'I thought from start to finish we really started well.' - JOHN HARTSON

'They was given as good as they got' - JOHN TERRY

'There is a smear campaign against me with facts, which are not true' - TONI POLSTER

'Berger is such a good coach, he had even saved the Titanic' - JAN AAGE FJORTOFT

'Now the world is my lobster' - KEITH O'NEILL

'If you can't stand the heat in the dressing room, get out of the kitchen ' - TERRY VENABLES

'We keep kicking ourselves in the foot' - RAY WILKINS

'An inch or two either side of the post and it would have been a goal.' - DAVE BASSETT

'In football, if you stand still you go backwards.' - PETER REID

'The lads ran their socks into the ground.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'We threw our dice into the ring and turned up trumps.' - BRUCE RIOCH

'The spirit he has shown has been second to none.' - TERRY VENABLES on Terry Fenwick's drink-driving charge

'To be really happy, we must throw our hearts over the bar and hope that our bodies will follow.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'No-one hands you cups on a plate' - TERRY MCDERMOTT

'Nowhere in Europe, especially the world...' - ALEX FERGUSON

'There are two ways of getting the ball. One is from your own team-mates, and that's the only way.' - TERRY VENABLES

'The referee has a reputation for trying to make a name for himself.' - GRAEME SOUNESS

'If in winning we only draw we would be fine.' - JACK CHARLTON

'Shearer could be at 100 per cent fitness, but not peak fitness.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'It's a case of putting all our eggs into the next ninety minutes.' - PHIL NEAL

'Give him his head and he'll take it with both hands or feet.' - BOBBY GOULD

'Cole should be scoring from those distances, but I'm not going to single him out.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'I would have to be deaf not to read the allegations.' - BOBBY DOWNES

'Neil Lennon wasn't sent off for scoring a goal, and that's what annoys me.' - MARTIN O'NEILL

'Last night,we were the best team on the day.' - ROY AITKEN

'We're going to start the game at nil-nil and go out and try to get some goals.' - BRYAN ROBSON

'I can't see us getting beat now - once we get our tails in front.' - JIM PLATT

'As we say in football, it'll go down to the last wire.' - COLIN TODD

'They had a dozen corners, maybe 12 - I'm guessing.' - CRAIG BROWN

'I'm a firm believer that if the other side scores first you have to score twice to win.' - HOWARD WILKINSON

'If we can play like that every week we'll get some level of consistency.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'If they hadn't scored, we would've won' - HOWARD WILKINSON

'You've got to miss them to score sometimes.' - DAVE BASSETT

'A contract on a piece of paper, saying you want to leave, is like a piece of paper saying you want to leave.' - JOHN HOLLINS

'In comparison, there's no comparison.' - RON GREENWOOD

'In terms of the Richter scale this was a force 8 gale.' - JOHN LYALL

'It's the only way we can lose, irrespective of the result.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'Their football was exceptionally good - and they played some good football.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'And I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley - unless somebody knocks us out.' - DAVE BASSETT

'It's understandable and I understand that.' - TERRY VENABLES

'Certain people are for me, certain people are pro me.' - TERRY VENABLES

'If you can't outplay the opposition, you must outnumber them.' - TERRY VENABLES

'Hoddle hasn't been the Hoddle we know. Neither has Robson.' - RON GREENWOOD

'Well, we got nine and you can't score more than that.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I think long and short balls is what football is all about' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Outside of quality we had other qualities' - BERTIE MEE

'Our first goal was pure textile.' - JOHN LAMBIE

'To be talking about vital games at this stage of the season is ridiculous, really, but tomorrow's game is absolutely vital.' - BRIAN HORTON

'What I said to them at half time would be unprintable on the radio.' - GERRY FRANCIS

'If we played like this every week we wouldn't be so inconsistent.' - BRYAN ROBSON

'A lot of hard work went into this defeat.' - MALCOLM ALLISON

'It was a game we should have won. We lost it because we thought we were going to win it. But then again, I thought that there was no way we were going to get a result there.' - JACK CHARLTON

'We probably got on better with the likes of Holland, Belgium, Norway and Sweden, some of whom are not even European.' - JACK CHARLTON

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'I promise results, not promises.' - JOHN BOND

'Without picking out anyone in particular, I thought Mark Wright was tremendous.' - GRAEME SOUNESS

'It would be a nice scalp for Scunthorpe to put Wimbledon on our bottoms.' - DAVE BASSETT

'Klinsmann has taken to English football like a duck out of water.' - GERRY FRANCIS

'Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales.' - RON GREENWOOD

'We rode our luck, but that's what the goalposts are there for.' - JOE KINNEAR

'Even when you're dead, you must never allow yourself just to lie down and be buried.' - GORDON LEE

'We ended up playing football, and that's not our style.' - ALEX MacDONALD

'We got the winner with three minutes left, but then they equalised.' - IAN McNAIL

'Hagi is a brilliant player, but we're not going to get psychedelic over him' - ANDY ROXBURGH

'It's thrown a spanner in the fire.' - BOBBY GOULD

'Maybe not goodbye, but farewell...' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Home advantage gives you an advantage.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Eighteen months ago they (Sweden) were arguably one of the best three teams in Europe, and that would include Germany, Holland, Russia and anybody else if you like.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'There is great harmonium in the dressing room.' - SIR ALF RAMSEY

'There are 0-0's and 0-0's - and this was 0-0.' - JOHN SILLETT

'...when Flitcroft played for the A team, he had 'footballer' written all over his forehead.' - COLIN BELL

'Chester made it hard for us by having two players sent off.' - JOHN DOCHERTY

'When you are 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1' - LAWRIE McMENEMY

'I'm definately maybe going to play Sturrock.' -JIM 'not Noel Gallagher' McLEAN

'I can count on the fingers of one hand ten games where we've caused our own downfall.' - JOE KINNEAR

'It would have killed them off a little bit.' - GERRY FRANCIS

'We've watched them twice, and seen a few videos. I didn't see them 38 times though, like McCarthy says he watched us. I don't think that's possible. I did my maths you see. That's 38 times 90 minutes - that's two months and the draw was only three weeks ago!" - GEORGES LEEKENS

'If it had gone in, it would have been a goal.' - JOE ROYLE

'I am often interested in players but I never say so, although I am looking for a striker and a midfield player.' - COLIN TODD

'We are not putting our cape over the tunnel : we are putting our cape in the tunnel.' - HOWARD WILKINSON

'They're not doing as well in the league as they've done.' - ROY HODGSON

'We have faced African teams, we have faced English teams - so we are ready to face Scotland because we know what their play will be like.' - MARIO ZAGALLO

'The way forwards is backwards.' - DAVE SEXTON

'The one thing I didn't expect is the way we didn't play.' - GEORGE GRAHAM

'We just ran out of legs.' - DAVID PLEAT

'I like to think it's a case of crossing the i's and dotting the t's.' - DAVE BASSETT

'He's such an honest person it's untrue.' - BRIAN LITTLE

"When you score one goal more than the other team in a cup tie it is always enough.' - CESARE MALDINI

'What he's got is legs, which the other midfielders don't have.' - LENNIE LAWRENCE

'It's certainly a point not gained.' - COLIN TODD

'My own autobiography, which was written by Ian Ross...' - HOWARD KENDALL

'Hartson's got more previous than Jack the Ripper.' - HARRY REDKNAPP

'The important thing is he shook hands with us over the phone.' - ALAN BALL

'You must be as strong in March, when the fish are down.' - GIANLUCA VIALLI

'When a player gets to 30, so does his body.' - GLENN HODDLE

'I think in international football you have to be able to handle the ball.' - GLENN HODDLE

'His tackle was definately pre-ordained.' - GLENN HODDLE

'I have a number of alternatives, and each one gives me something different.' - GLENN HODDLE

'If anyone is found guilty, I will step on them.' - GLENN HODDLE

'75% of what happens to Paul [Gascoigne] in his life is fiction.' - GLENN HODDLE

'We didn't have the run of the mill.' - GLENN HODDLE

'With hindsight, it's easy to look at it with hindsight.' - GLENN HODDLE

'Okay, so we lost, but good things can come from it - negative and positive.' - GLENN HODDLE

'Robert Lee was able to do some running on his groin for the first time.' - GLENN HODDLE

'International football is one clog further up the football ladder.' - GLENN HODDLE

'He was a player that hasn't had to use his legs even when he was nineteen years of age because his first two yards were in his head.' - GLENN HODDLE

'Michael Owen is a goalscorer - not a natural born one, not yet, that takes time' - GLENN HODDLE

'We pressed the self-destruct button ourselves' - BRIAN KIDD

'We can beat anyone on our day, so long as we score.' - ALEX TOTTEN

'We had enough chances to win this game. In fact, we did win.' - ALEX SMITH

'I don't blame individuals, I blame myself.' - JOE ROYLE

'I just wonder what would have happened if the shirt had been on the other foot.' - MIKE WALKER

'Some of our players have got no brains, so I've given them the day off tomorrow to rest them.' - DAVID KEMP

'I was feeling as sick as the proverbial donkey.' - MICK MCCARTHY

'The beauty of Cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath.' - TERRY BUTCHER

'There's a rat in the camp trying to throw a spanner into the works.' - CHRIS CATTLIN

'I'm the one with his head on the line.' - CHRIS WADDLE

'We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other three per cent that cost us the match.' - RUUD GULLIT

'Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them.' - ARSENE WENGER

'Winning all the time is not necessarily good for the team.' - JOHN TOSHACK

'Too many players were trying to score or create a goal.' - GERARD HOULLIER

'I've seen them on television on a Sunday morning most days of the week.' - JACK CHARLTON

'You weigh up the pros and cons and try to put them into chronological order.' - DAVE BASSETT

'It was not a mistake, it was a blunder.' - GERARD HOULLIER

'We didn't look like scoring, although we looked like we were going to get a goal.' - ALAN BUCKLEY

'The effort I think you should take for granted, but sometimes it's not there.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'We're down to the bare knuckles.' - GEORGE GRAHAM

'Nothing that UEFA or FIFA do surprises me any more and I'm very surprised this has not been sorted out long in advance.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'He made the impossible possible.' - ARSENE WENGER

'Davor has a left leg and a nose in the box.' - ARSENE WENGER

'We've got to get out there and set our stool out early.' - KEITH STEVENS

'Today's top players only want to play in London or for Manchester United. That's what happened when I tried to sign Alan Shearer and he went to Blackburn.' - GRAEME SOUNESS

'We're football people, not poets, but obviously I'm disappointed with the result.' - MICK McCARTHY

'To be second with one game to go - you can't ask for more.' - STUART McCALL

'Of the ten sendings off, nine have been different players, so it proves we're unlucky.' - KEITH STEVENS

'It was a continuance of what we have seen most of the season - that is, various clubs beating each other.' - RON NOADES

'I don't read everything I read in the press.' - DAVE JONES

'The best thing for them to do is to stay at nil-nil until they score the goal.' - MARTIN O'NEILL

'If we'd won, it would have meant an historic double-treble. But we weren't even thinking about that.' - WALTER SMITH

'People always remember the second half.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'I strongly feel that the only difference between the two teams were the goals that England scored.' - CRAIG BROWN

'I just felt that the whole night, the conditions and taking everything into consideration and everything being equal, and everything is equal, we should have got something from the game - but we didn't.' - JOHN BARNES

'It wasn't going to be our day on the night.' - BRYAN ROBSON

'We are now entering a new Millennium and football's a completely different cup of tea.' - DAVE BASSETT

'I couldn't really jet off to the States on a whim and a prayer.' - DAVID PLATT

'This pilot move by FIFA will take root and fly.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'I am manager of Macclesfield and am giving the job my total commitment. Obviously, as an Irishman, I want the job as their international manager.' - SAMMY MCILROY

'It's a conflict of parallels.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'The main thing in a cup tie is to get through.' - WALTER SMITH

'I was a young lad when I was growing up.' - DAVID O'LEARY

'There are no easy games in this division and this one won't be easy.' - JOE ROYLE

'Their keeper played very well and it was not the best pitch, but I am not making excuses.' - GRAHAM RIX

'The philosophy of a lot of European teams, even in home matches, is not to give a goal away.' - ALEX FERGUSON

'It would be foolish to believe that automatic promotion is automatic in any way whatsoever.' - DAVE BASSETT

'I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'In one word, it is bloody stupidity' - CLAUDE LE ROY

'We had a belief that we believed in' - JAN MOLBY

'At the start of the season you're strong enough to win the Premiership and the European Cup, but you have to be as strong in March, when the fish are down' - GIANLUCA VIALLI

'I was inbred into the game by my father.' - DAVID PLEAT

'We have run a marathon and fallen just short so we need to boost the squad to get us over that final hurdle' - JOHN RUDGE

'If it comes to penalties, one of these two great sides could go out on the whim of a ball.' - PETER SHREEVES

'As I've said before and I've said in the past...' - KENNY DALGLISH

'He's captain of Rangers, and that's one of the reasons he's captain.' - WALTER SMITH

'We pulled the self destruct button' - COLIN LEE

'Inter have bought the finished article and there's no doubt he can keep improving.' - MICK McCARTHY

'I've spoken to five managers in the past eight days and 85% of them have called me to chat about my players' - MARTIN O'NEILL

'In football, time and space are the same thing.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'Paolo di Canio is capable of scoring the goal he scored.' - BRYAN ROBSON

'Don't forget this club nearly went out of extinction last year.' - ALAN SMITH

'Very few of us have any idea whatsoever of what life is like living in a goldfish bowl - except, of course, for those of us who are goldfish.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'It's a bit easier after that win over Newcastle. That's a result that takes us that little bit further from safety' - BRYAN ROBSON

'He was a no risk-free signing.' - STAN TERNENT

'The sight of opposing fans walking together down Wembley Way - you won't get that anywhere other than Wembley.' - JOHN SILLETT

'David [Johnson] has scored 62 goals in 148 games for Ipswich and those statistics tell me that he plays games and scores goals.' - DAVID PLATT

'I don't know what it's like out there, but it's like an ice rink out there.' - ANDY KILNER

'It's not true. Technically you can say it痴 true, yes.' - STEVE ARCHIBALD

'In a year's time, he's a year older.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'When Neil (Lennon) played for me, he ran his legs off.' - LAWRIE MCMENEMY

'We need goals when the scoreline is 0-0' - SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON

'In football two days is a long time and a week is a very long time' - STEVE MCCLAREN

'It's a game we've got to win. It's also a game we've not got to lose.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'The past is history' - DAVE BASSETT

'We can't behave like crocodiles and cry over spilled milk and broken eggs' - GIOVANNI TRAPPATONI

'If you want to score a goal, you have to hit the target' - FABIO CAPELLO

'We are a good average team' - FRANZ BECKENBAUER

'It was caviar and cabbage stuff.' - PHIL THOMPSON

'I think one or two of our legs got a bit leg-weary.' - MICK McCARTHY

'I don't make promises, I promise results' - JOE ROYLE

'We played well for the first 90 minutes' - JOE ROYLE

'I've seen players sent off for worse than that' - JOE ROYLE

'He lacks that confidence which he possesses.' - MARTIN O'NEILL

'Some of the goals were good, some of the goals were sceptical' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Anything from 1-0 to 2-0 would be a nice result' - BOBBY ROBSON

'I don't hold water with that theory' - RON GREENWOOD

'The margin is very marginal' - BOBBY ROBSON

'We have been saying this, both pre-season and before the season started' - LEN ASHURST

'The run of the ball is not in our court at the moment' - PHIL NEAL

'We've got nothing to lose, and there's no point losing this game' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Ian Durrant has grown both physically and metaphorically in the close season' - JOCK WALLACE

'At the end of the day, the Arsenal fans demand that we put eleven players on the pitch' - DON HOWE

'The boys' feet have been up in the clouds since the win' - ALAN BUCKLEY

'I think everyone in the stadium went home happy, except all those people in Rumania' - RON GREENWOOD

'The dice are stacked against them' - THEO FOLEY

'I'm not superstitious or anything like that, but I'll just hope we'll play our best and put it in the lap of the gods' - TERRY NEILL

'If you had to name one particular person to blame it would have to be one of the players - THEO FOLEY

'Bryan Robson, well, he does what he does and his future is in the future' - RON GREENWOOD

'Players win games and players lose games. It's all about players really.' - BOBBY FERGUSON

'His strengths were my weaknesses and my weaknesses were his strengths' - JOHN BOND

'I'm not going to make it a target but it's something to aim for' - STEVE COPPELL

'At the end of the day, it's all about what's on the shelf at the end of the year.' - STEVE COPPELL

'We are really quite lucky this year because Christmas falls on Christmas Day' - BOBBY GOULD

'Ardiles always says if you're confident you're always totally different to the player that's lacking confidence' - KEITH BURKINSHAW

'Systems are made by players rather than players making systems' - THEO FOLEY

'I don't really believe in targets, because my next target is to beat Stoke City' - RON WYLIE

'I can't see us getting beat now, once we get our tails in front' - JIM PLATT

'Being given chances, and not taking them. That's what life is all about.' - RON GREENWOOD

'To me personally, it's nothing personal to me' - RON GREENWOOD

'I felt a lump in my mouth as the ball went in.' - TERRY VENABLES

'I thought that individually and as a pair, they'd do better together' - BOBBY ROBSON

'One of Asa's great qualities is not scoring goals' - ROY SMALL

'Tim Sherwood has come in, done very well and given us another string to the bow in a different type of way.' - GLENN HODDLE

'If we start counting our chickens before they hatch, they won't lay any eggs in the basket' - BOBBY ROBSON

'That was the way to nail the record to the mast' - GLENN HODDLE

'The FA Cup is still domestically the best cup in the world.' - GLENN HODDLE

'He痴 got his legs back, of course, or his leg - he痴 always had one but now he痴 got two.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'I said to the players before the start, "Just go out and give it 100 per cent. I am not asking for any more than that".' - CARLTON PALMER

'Everyone's got tough games coming up. Manchester United have got Arsenal, Arsenal have got Manchester United and Leeds have got Leeds' - BOBBY ROBSON

'He痴 not the Carl Cort that we know he is.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Last week's match was a real game of cat and dog.' - JOHN ALDRIDGE

'The mere fact that he's injured stops him getting injured again, if you know what I mean' - TERRY VENABLES

'Playing another London side could be an omen, but I don't believe in omens' - GEORGE GRAHAM

'No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets.' - MICK MCCARTHY

'Football is much harder if you dont have the ball' - SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON

'The underdogs will start favourites for this match.' - CRAIG BROWN

'Overall I think we dominated for 75% of the game, but we have to make sure we do that for the other 15.' - DAVE JONES

'They havent lived up to the expectations we expect of them' - GEORGE GRAHAM

'It was particularly pleasing that our goalscorers scored tonight' - ALEX FERGUSON

'Our goalscoring is like ketchup, you never now how much is going to come out of the bottle' - TROND SOLLIED

'Hes gone in there with studs up and has cut someone in half, but I dont want to criticise him' - JOHN GREGORY

'We played a 4-4-3 formation, which we have played before and never failed to win with it' - MARK MCGHEE

'Referees dont come down here with a particular flavoured shirt on' - STEVE COPPELL

'If Ricardo Gardner should have been sent off, there should have been four players sent off for each side. So the match should have ended up six against six.' - SAM ALLARDYCE

'We have to roll up our sleeves and get our knees dirty' - HOWARD WILKINSON

'Steven Carr has hit a small blimp' - GLENN HODDLE

'It looks as if I am trying to stab Dave Bassett in the back but I知 not holding a gun to anybody痴 head' - MICKEY ADAMS

'Jermaine Jenas is a fit lad. He gets from box to box in all of 90 minutes' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Our keeper only had one save to make but we lost 4-0' - CRAIG BROWN

'Everybody says Steve McManaman played on the left for me in Euro 96 but he never played on the left. The one time he did play on the left was against Switzerland.' - TERRY VENABLES

'Terry Venables could do a Barcelona at Leeds, like he did in Barcelona' - TED BUXTON

'We are a young side that will only get younger' - PAUL HART

'I壇 never allow myself to let myself call myself a coward.' - GRAHAM TAYLOR

'The Italians can blame no one but themselves. They can blame the referee, but they can blame no one but themselves.' - JOE ROYLE

'We don't have to play them every week, although we do play them next week' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Until we're out of the Champions' League we're still in it.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'That was clearly a tackle aimed at getting revenge - or maybe it was just out-and-out retribution.' - JOE ROYLE

'You can't say my team aren't winners. They've proved that by finishing fourth, third and second in the last three years.' - GERARD HOULLIER

'As one door closes, another one shuts' - HOWARD WILKINSON

'Young David's young' - GLENN HODDLE

'We are offered players every single day. We get five or six a week' - JOHN MCCLELLAND

'We changed to a back four and went 4-4-3' - GLENN HODDLE

'Where do you get an experienced player like him with a left foot and a head?' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Gary Speed has never played better, never looked fitter, never been older.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'They've probably played better than they've ever done for a few weeks' - BOBBY ROBSON

'If you can get through the first round you have a good chance of getting into the next one.' - NIGEL WORTHINGTON

'They can't change any of their players, but they have changed one of their players and that's the coach' - BOBBY ROBSON

'I致e been asked that question for the last six months. It is not fair to expect me to make such a fast decision on something that has been put upon me like that.' - TERRY VENABLES

'Our goalkeeper didn稚 have a save to make in 90 minutes, and yet he still ended up conceding four goals' - JOE ROYLE

'It will be a cracking match and a close one - maybe decided by a referee's decision, an odd bounce or something like an over-the-line goal.' - NEIL WARNOCK

'Matches don稚 come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals' - NEIL WARNOCK

'Tore's got a groin strain and he's been playing with it.' - ALEX MCLEISH

'Obviously it would be tough playing up in the Premiership next season, but I wouldn稚 lose any sleepless nights.' - ALAN PARDEW

'Of their goals, two came from headers and one was a header' - JOE ROYLE

'In football, you can never say anything is certain. The benchmark is 38-40 points. That has always been the case. That will never change.' - STEVE BRUCE

'We've got a monster around our neck after beating England, but we must feed it' - FRANK FARINA

'As with every young player, he's only 18' - ALEX FERGUSON

'His influence on the team through his personality and playing ability cannot be underestimated.' - BOBBY ROBSON

'Dave has this incredible knack of pulling a couple of chickens out of the hat each season.' - MARK MCGHEE

'He's a good footballer with a bit of everything and certainly two good feet - which is unusual these days' - GLENN HODDLE

'As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close' - ARSENE WENGER

'If we had taken our chances we would have won, at least' - DAVID O'LEARY

'Although we are playing Russian Roulette we are obviously playing Catch 22 at the moment and it痴 a difficult scenario to get my head round' - PAUL STURROCK

'Every defeat is a victory in itself' - FRANCISCO MATURANA

'I will also take risks in the future. At least, it is good for everyone: our team, the crowd and also the opponent' - AAD DE MOS

The top one is players.

The post above is managers.

This one is dedicated to the one and only Ron Atkinson:

'I would not say that he (David Ginola) is one of the best left wingers in the Premiership, but there are none better.'

'They've come out at half time and gone bang.'

'[Phil Neville] was treading on dangerous water there...'

'I've had this sneaking feeling throughout the game that it's there to be won...'

'I would also think that the replay showed it to be worse than it actually was.'

'I think that was a moment of cool panic there.'

'Beckenbauer has really gambled all his eggs.'

'If Glenn Hoddle said one word to his team at half time, it was concentration and focus.'

'They must go for it now as they have nothing to lose but the match.'

'Woodcock would have scored, but his shot was too perfect.'

'Someone in the England team will have to grab the ball by the horns.'

'He's not only a good player, but he's spiteful in the nicest sense of the word.'

'Tony Adams - he's the rock that the team has grown from.'

'...and he [Peter Schmeichel] extends and grows even bigger than he is.'

'They've done the old-fashioned things well; they've kicked the ball, they've headed it...'

'They've picked their heads up off the ground, and they now have a lot to carry on their shoulders.'

'Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.'

'He sliced the ball when he had it on a plate.'

'I'm afraid they've left their legs at home.'

'The keeper was unsighted - he still didn't see it'

'Zero-zero is a big score.'

'...in the other two games, the FA Cup Final and the Premiership.'

'You half fancied that to go in as it was rising and dipping at the same time.'

'Chelsea look like they've got a couple more gears left in the locker.'

'Now Manchester United are 2-1 down on aggregate, they are in a better position than when they started the game at 1-1.'

'Huddersfield will want to win this one.'

'That was Pele's strength - holding people off with his arm.'

'Stoichkov's playing on the wing, in this situation he likes to come in and scalp the centre-half.'

'[He's] the eqivalent of the Spanish David Beckham.'

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that'

'There's a little triangle - five left-footed players.'

'I tell you what, if the Cameroons get a goal back here they're literally gonna catch on fire.'

'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.'

'He must be lightning slow'

'There's a snap about Liverpool that just isn't there'

'For me their biggest threat is when they get into the attacking part of the field.'

'If you score against the Italians you deserve a goal'

'He'll take some pleasure from that, Brian Carey. He and Steve Bull have been having it off all afternoon.'

'His white boots were on fire against Arsenal, and he'll be looking for them to reproduce tonight.'

'When Scholes gets it [tackling] wrong, they come in so late that they arrive yesterday'

'This is the best Man United have played in Europe this season and, conversely, the opposition has been excellent.'

'There's a few tired limbs in the blue legs.'

'Scholes and Van Nistelrooy drugged the last two defenders'

'Ryan Giggs is running long up the backside'

'Yes, Woodcock would have scored but his shot was just too perfect'

'Our fans have been branded with the same brush.'

'The Spaniards have been reduced to aiming aimless balls into the box'

'Liverpool are outnumbered numerically in midfield'

'There's lots of balls dropping off people.'

'The keeper should have saved that one, but he did.'

'Their strength is their strength'

'They are playing above the ground'

'He could have done a lot better there, but full marks to the lad.'

'Jari Litmanen should be made compulsory'

'Heskey needs to punch his own weight'

'Apart from picking the ball out of the net, he hasnt had to make a save.'

'Scholes is very influential for England at international level.'

'At international level, giving the ball away doesnt work too often.'

'You know when I say that things happen in matches? Well, it just happened there'

'They've certainly grown, the Japanese. I mean grown in stature, playing-wise.'

'Liverpool will think they could have won this 2-2.'

'I'm sure Bobby won't want them to be losing the match before winning it'

'Their forward got a lucky squeeze from the defender'

'Yordi circumnavigated Ledley King there'

'The Spaniards have been reduced to aiming aimless balls into the box.'

'Lee Dixon will be up against two South American left-handers tonight.'

'Think of a number between 10 and 11'

'You don't want to be giving away free kicks in the penalty area'

'How are they defensively, attacking-wise?'

'The ball goes down the keeper's throat where it hits him on the knees to say the least'

'He should get his head to those. He is twelve foot tall.'

'He had acres of time there'

'That's not the type of header you want to see your defender make, with his hand'

'His head just disappeared into his shoulders'

'They scored too early'

'Chelsea are the team who can break the Arsenal and Manchester United monopoly.'

'We haven't had a strategic free kick all night. No one's knocked over attackers ad lib'

'You can see the ball go past them, or the man, but you'll never see both man and ball go past at the same time. So if the ball goes past, the man won't, or if the man goes past they'll take the ball.'

'van Nistelrooy, predating as usual...'

Generally, they are not the most intelligent group of people. It's a bloody good job then that they're paid to play football, not teach economics, hey? ;\)

Yeah lol.gif .

They are astoundingly dumb.

Their agents are pretty good, if not slimey and very unlikeable.

I'm not sure I understand this one 'You don't need balls to play in a cup final.'

My favourites are

"You can stick it up your bollocks" (??!!)

Keano to McCarthy

and from this season

"He went behind my back ... right in front of my face!"

Bellamy about Souness

• 2 months later...

I saw an interview with Beckham before the Olympic vote where he said

"I want the Olympics to come from where I come from, er, in London. Please".

It was a dynamic passionate speech and surely what brought the Olympics to London.

• 4 years later...