I just had some "larmenn" (as they spell it on the front of the shop) tonight at a new ramen shop near where I live. I've got a real bad stomach ache now and the runs, I won't be going back there in a rush.

\:\(

I've noticed that as well, some people seem to say ramen as if it were "larmen". I've never seen it written like that though. Glad you're feeling better, I've had a few upsets after ramen in my time.

Hum... never with ramen or gyoza for me. I had some with shellfish. They say seafoods which don't have any blood like shellfish, cuttlefish and octopus etc are strongly poisonous sometimes. Unfortunately we have a custom to eat them in raw sometimes, maybe it causes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:

You dont think different cities are known for certain foods - America is the same, isnt it? Georgia Peaches, Florida Oranges ~ No?
Ah, but would you go to Florida with the expressed purpose of eating "delicious oranges"?

My friend's husband is a website manager of this 麺道 . He is a Ramen freak...

I was thinking to visit my sister in California in May for delicious cherries. I can go to Shanghai just for delicious crabs, too.

I always enjoy local people and local food. \:\)