Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new movie. A couple of people said it was dissapointing if you are a big fan of the books (which I am). Said it jumped around too much. I am interested in other opinions. Anyone else with a review?

Yeah didn't mind the T.V series Rach. Thought the casting of Ford Prefect was good, and I liked the little Guide interludes. Zaphod's second head looked incredibly naff if my memory serves me. Not bad. Might give the movie a look but I have been warned.

Yeah, Zaphods head was pretty laughable.

I've heard more not good things than good things with this one as well, though not seen it myself yet.

the tv series is being repeated on BBC2 at the moment. i prefer it to the movie in some respects. however the guy who plays zaphod beeblebrox is appalingly cardboard in the tv series, the 'green mile' dude who plays him in the movie is much better.

i think this doesnt work because it was intended for book/radio not tv. on top of that, the humour is very very dated. its like if they had made a red dwarf or blackadder movie back in the days of series one, and the suddenly decided to release it now - it wouldnt work cos the humour's lost its freshness.

Saw it this week - didn't like it at all. Doesn't capture the irony or situation comedy of the TV series. Even the characters are crap - except for the robot of course.

By the end of the movie, I wanted to smash Beeble in his ever so shiny white gob - ARGH!!