hey there,

Im heading to Asahikawa in two weeks to board Diasetsuzan Kurodake and Asahidake ropeway with a crew of 5 Aussies. I would like to hear if any of you guys have been to either of these mountains and if so some tips would be awesome. i have only ever boarded in Aust and US in sloppy snow so i have never seen powder and i am super amped to get there. I hope someones got some guff for me on the backcountry cause ive heard that we are gonna need it! Hope we get some clear days. email me if you read this and you are gonna be up in Asahikawa between Feb 12 thru 28. Have a few Kirins! woo hoo cant wait! Wanted to go ever since i watched the Car Danchi movies 1 and 2. Crazy bastards livin in their cars. Powder must br worth it!

cheers,

Leighton, Gold Coast, Aust.

Forgot to mention too, K'dake won't reopen until March 1st.

Lots of other sick riding around here though, even if the mountains are apparently too small eh FT? 1500m ~ 2000m is good enough for me when it's as sick as it is up here. Nice call on the other thread though man.

Anyway, enough abuse on the other thread shw_me_da_powder , lose the attitude and you'll find people that the folks in-the-know, they guys you're asking for info from, might just be a whole lot more receptive.

Be sure to swing by Chico's for more info...I'll see you there.

Hi fella's at least if he dies and doesn't listen to you jealous Nagano patriots he will die a man who has

a good two weeks of snow. Looks like Hakuba isn't as consistent as last season. There is no point in taking

your frustration out on a fella who doesn't know too much but is willing to follow his mates. Yes i think the Hokkaido mountains are quite small but yes Jaysee"500m ~ 2000m" is also quite plentiful for me and a an Aussie whom has never seen powder before.

shw_me, you seem like you have offended a few posters whom on the previous post and i wouldn't be suprised if you get banned from this forum. Now you have the heads up and can get a guide or go it alone and die as advised by the people who live on the mountain man, come on your just an aussie tourist leave it to the professionals as the mountains are too small anyhows.

Nikei

>Hi fella's at least if he dies and doesn't listen to you jealous Nagano patriots

jealous? lol.gif

>There is no point in taking

your frustration out on a fella who doesn't know too much

you shoulda seen some lines we had this weekend cool.gif Dont think anything up there, besides the epic pow, makes, at least me, jealous.

>shw_me, you seem like you have offended a few posters whom on the previous post and i wouldn't be suprised if you get banned from this forum

for that? not likely but if you're looking for information acting like an arse wont help you get it...though I have a good laugh so keep it coming.

Showme, try some Ebisu beer, both the lager and the black (make a decent half&half) too if you havent had any - great beer IMO. You mentioned Kirin - Ichiban is really good. Also there are some quality sake's up in Hokkaido. Look forward to your pics.

ok before I state facts number one 500 meters of vertical at the ropeway.

http://www.asahidakeropeway.com/ski_e.htm

courses that arent even 300meters long. That means you must go searching for the better spots. As JaySee has mentioned you better be prepared if you do venture around. JaySee is a long time member that has posted crazy stories on here (in another section)for quite sometime from this area, so trust me I think he has a clue.

K-dake the area that interests me most in hoks

http://www.rinyu.co.jp/kurodake/ski/course.html

Serious terrain there with very very little control done. As JaySee said its not even open right now. It opens later in March.

Jealous mate I dont know why people keep saying that Im or others living in the mountains are jealous. I do 50 plus days a season and most of those are in the BC these days. The only things I care about are, a safe snowpack, a good buddy to ride with, and no one above me doing dangerous crap. If i dont get that then im jealous