Me n a few mates are keen to climb to Fujis summit and board down. Our thinking so far is to camp @ the fifth station one saturday night (probably mid to late April), and make the climb @ first light sunday... Its popular rumour that a few guys do it every year and Im putting this post up to kindly ask if anyone has attempted it or could put me in touch with those who have. Im after advice concerning best routes up and down, timings and snow conditions. Any thoughts atall on the matter would b much appreciated.

Also, if anyone else is keen to join us on this lil adventure then the more the merrier!

what gear are you planning to take? I havent been to fuji at that time but Based on my experiences climbing in Hokkaido in late spring I would expect some fairly icy conditions up high.

Good crampons and an ice pick are probably a must.

1. The road to the 5th station may not be open till GW - check with local police.

2. Fuji is compeletely weather dependent. Sunny day, great, windy, ice mountain.

3. Two routs, North side, and South side.

4. Plan on 5-6 hour hike

5. Do not push if an altitude sickness sets in.

6. Make sure to submit a climbming plan to local police

7. Crampons and an ice axe is a good idea.

8. Even on a sunny day, wind picks up in early PM.

9. Watch for falling rocks - they do not stop on snow or ice.

10. Wise not to summit,if condition is not ideal.

11. Good luck, Fuji is a fun place provided you have good party of people, good weather.