(SNOWBOARD) RAD-AIR: Tanker 200, 06/07 (by thomas_m)

That's a fun review Thomas! As the proud owner as a Tanker myself (earlier review)I can relate to most of your observations. That reminds me, I should tell SJ to change the header of my review to mention that it is the 05/06 model.

SJ#s, could you help? Thanks.

Oyuki heard of Smelly Tuna before. Was it a Japanese brand? Btw Rad-air has a pretty hard core following among stash hunters, doubt they will go the way of the previously mentionned names, but again, never know.

Ride a Rad-air myself (project-LSD-165) these guys make some good stuff! anybody ever heard of the Rad-Air longboard classic? I enter the race every year in Stuben am Alrberg I heard they had a Japanese race also!

Excellent, all the Rad-air riders are starting to congregate here. Yes, the Rad-air longboard classic takes place in Hokkaido every year and usually some of the pros on their team come to ride the event. The guy I bought the board from asked me to participate, but I am not too keen on the spot where it takes place. I will give it a thought this year again. A friend of mine bought the same board, maybe can organize something. I heard the atmosphere at the event in Japan is great fun.

The event here in Austria is one of highlights of my season great atmosphere and up to 450 riders!!!(Dani Kiwi Maier rocks!!)I was in the top 30 a few seasons back!Hope to take part in the Local version when i visit 07/08 season!

Is the Rad-Air tanker 210 available in Japan also?

I did not know they had a 210 available! They would not fit in most gondolas in Japan (I already have troubles with my 187). If it exists I am sure you can get it in Japan. They have a distributor here, and if they do not have the board on hand they call the maker directly to have the board shipped for you.

top 30, you must be pretty good! I love free-riding, but I am not really into racing I must admit, for me it is all about the swoosh sensations at my own rythm. But if there is a great atmosphere, why not, could be fun to go there and meet like-minded people.

I know Ralph Castelberg came a couple years ago for the 04/05 edition, not sure who came last year, whether Flo or Dani showed up. I was surprised to find out that they have a distributor in Australia as well.

It's all about the fun rather than the race when it comes to the Longboard classic!

Only ever seen 1 "210" tanker the thing is huuuuuge!!! maybe it's just for the real tall guys but according to international bias japanese peeps aint that tall are they?

(Top 30! could of done better but busted a toe strap on the first 100m AAAAAHH)

Yeah the race sounds like fun.

This season I have my eyes set on one location, but the conditions have to be right. After I get that under my belt I will consider other fun things to do, who knows, maybe I will end-up in Hokkaido...

Japanese people are getting taller and taller, and almost in line with European standards. I guess it has to do with more proteins in their diet.

Too bad for the strap, could have made top 20?!

• 2 weeks later...

I`m riding an 03/04 Tanker 200.

LOVE the thing. I`m was laughing so hard last year in all that early season powder, flying around in waist deep freshness and watching other people try to follow my lines but getting stopped and having to do the walk of shame.

I feel like I`ve got an unfair advantage...

It likes to rail good lines on the groomers with Harboots too....... What more could you ask of a board?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

I too ride a tanker, its the 192cm model in metalic / creamy silver white. I have no idea what year its from. Can anyone on here emlighten me? I bought it 2nd hand from and American guy livin near Newcastle in the UK.

I love the board. Have riden it in Niseko and Hakkoda so far. Heading up to Hakkoda this thursday for a week. Cant wait!! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!