You can test it out, no problems, except for that fact that I doubt you will ever actually meet me or my board. Bu7t if you do, douzo.

If all goes to plan then I am taking it for a spin this weekend in Austria.

Thomas - good to hear you have been out already. Did you land on your board or your face in that picture? ;\)

What makes you want the D1+ ? Do you think the D1 is too flexi, or being wider, perhaps it will have more long turning characteristics in powder. That could be good. I'd reckon it would ride a lot stiffer on piste, and the D1 is already a 'unique' sensation on the groomers as it is.

I have ordered the 165 D1. I am not sure how many chances I'll get to ride it though. I reckon it will be super hooky and skaty yet with the float of a bigger board. Like a Fish except more charging capabilities on piste. It could be the D1 for trees.

LOL, I was going very fast when I hit that little natural miniramp and landed on my feet. I waited until later in the same run to pull an aerial starfish. \:D

That run is actually steeper than it looks in the photo as you can tell from the tilted trees. I think my friend who took it tried to pull the tilt the camera to make it look steeper pic and got it backwards...

Our snow is usually very heavy maritime climate snow. I'm thinking the stiffer nose of the D1+ will be better at blasting through the 'mashed potato' days. I didn't know it would be wider. That might change my purchase plans as the D1 is already pretty wide. I really wish it weren't quite so heavy.

I think the 165 will be too small for me given the very short effective edge and my 175lb weight. I thought about buying one for my wife so I could pass her Fish150 to my daughter but ended up just buying a second Fish.

I will admit that even though I really like the Dupraz, I'm having second thoughts on the quiver-killer one board solution. It's just that hauling a full quiver of boards to the hill, etc is such a pain in the rear. The Dupraz make that choice easy. When I go on a cat boarding trip later this season, I probably won't take the Dupraz. I'll take my Tanker 200 and borrow a friends Fish 160. For my lift-accessed BC riding, I'll keep on the the Dupraz.

T.

So, they`ve added a slightly stiff nosed version to the line-up this year huh?

I`ve been drooling over the Dupraz D-1 for more than a year now and I`m stoked to hear they`ve got a stiffer one. Could be REALLY god for riding surf style with hardboots.

It`s on my list of MUST HAVES.....

• 5 weeks later...

I just got the tracking info from Fedex for my new D1+...

I'll post a review comparing it to the D1 as soon as I get some time on it. The D1 rocked hard in multiple pow dumps in December, I think I rode it 8 of my 12 days riding so far. Hopefully, the D1+ will be even better.

T.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been waiting to get some decent pics...

The board is pure money. Does everything the original D1 does but better. I've got 6 days on it and now I'm thinking of sawing my original D1 in half to make a splitboard...

I'll try to get some pics and post a full review soon. I'm actually going to ride it with hardboots and plates tomorrow for shits & giggles (no new pow).

T.

• 1 month later...