Anyone with any exciting snow plans for Golden Week? I might be tempted to come out of hiding but I'm wondering if the snow at places like Kagura will actually last that long... they seem to still plan to be open until the end of May - is that likely?

On the kagura hp says that they will be operating till the 27 th of May. I think they have enough snow to run the place till then, last year they were open till June if I remember well. Although you will be probably riding a corridor of slush among daisies. :p

They report today +5 cm so this weekend should be fine. I am tempted to take a day off tomorrow and go up there tonight.

Looks like it will be fine weather tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be going, just don't feel that keen right now (got a pretty bad cold at the moment which is slowing me down this week).

I will be coming up there tomorrow, although I also have a bit of a sore throat.

There is a big possibility that this will be my last day for the season, so try not to miss it because of a little cold.

I am off to scrape the wax off my board now.

Sounds nice Snow-Woman, where abouts are they? One of the things I want to do sometime is drive round Hokkaido and go to lots of remote areas. Right or wrong, I have images of similar to Scotland.

>Camping in Shikoku

Hopefully I'll be on the beach too. Shikoku rocks. Actually, KOCHI rocks! My friends like the Nakamura area, but I'd rather go a little further. --like to Okinohama. The only obstacle is that my wife is talking about visiting her sister and family in Yokkaichi (near Nagoya)... Hmmm....

yeah Ger, Creek boy is talking about that stretch of beach further down. That's where we often go. CB, nah mate, probably up toward the mountains a bit more this time round. You around for golden week? I might be in Kyoto the first weekend...

dunno what Im doing mate, got 2 days of classes in the middle Tues/Weds..ur the same yeah? Lemme know if youre up in Kyoto anyways eh! You mean the 28th,29th,30th right? I like the stretch going from Matsuyama over Ishizuchi down through the gorge. A couple of small cozy onsen towns there too \:\)

yeah I'm gonna be in Kyoto from the 28th to the 30th. Not sure if I'll be able to get away but will try if possible. I'll let you know mate.

And yeah, that strip over the mountains from Matsuyama is magic! \:\)

lol.gif Pureed gunk sounds lovely!

Golden Week, no real plans yet but I am not keen on being where everyone else is I like to avoid crowded places. I might try to work and take some days off at other times.