yeh the park was packed in the morning, including a highly amusing snowblader group being led by 2 people with radios through the park eek.gif

then it rained at lunch time, and when we came back out it stopped raining (sweeet) and then it rained a bit more..... and we just continued cause we were having so much fun, then the thunder & lightening started and we ran through the car park like crazy people to get outa there lol

is now TIPPING down with rain, and thunder is still going!!!!!!

were you out there today?

YEHHH crash bang!!! Put it this way... it sounded like a plane exploding about 3m above my head, all the electricity went out, lots of "energy" in the room, the lightening came at the same time as the thunder, and i literally threw myself to the floor screaming..... the storms are monumental here, so powerful, booming off the mountains. The one the other day (not that powerful compared to others) made my house shake. ArrRRgggGHHhh, i HATE thunder & lightening, it scares the shit out of me.

haha what?! my house is really exposed, and what are the chances?!! this happened in summer, when there are tons of thunder storms all the time, never seen them in winter before until this season. ps - there are earthquakes in japan, and lots of tall buildings in tokyo where you live :p :p :p

You make a good point - I work in the 2nd tallest (tallest until last week!) building in Tokyo so I am asking for earthquake-based pain. My relatives live in S. Africa and I've been in a house that was struck by lightning there, which I really, really didn't enjoy (was about 7 yrs old at the time though)... maybe it's time to get over it.

pretty much. Around 2-2:30p the humidy builds up and dark clouds start to form over the city, then around 3pm - the thunder and lighting start to boom...it's all over by 5pm. Of course, some days it doesn't rain - but it's pretty consistant, especially in the rainy season. The thunder and lightniing are intense.

I'd like to experience that.... not sure about wanting to live there and experience it every day though!