Can somene tell me how long it would take to drive from Hakuba to Mt Fuji area?

Also from May 14-25 is there any festivals or anything of interest going on in Hakuba or a short distance?

When I drove my car from my house to the area via Ootsuki JCT at the Chuo EXP way, I think it took roughly 3 hours to Fuji-Yoshida. If you would like to go further e.g. Gotenba, maybe you need some extra half - 1 hour, I guess.

> May 14-25

I think you can visit the "Yuki no ootani" ( Grand snow walls?) at the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route which connects Nagano pref. and Toyama pref. at that time.

Ask the details at +81-76-432-2819

thanks....I thought it was gonna be more - thats pretty mellow.

any other festivals or other recommended sites to see in the within a 2-4 hours of Hakuba? nature wise?

ianbc

If you like nature thing, maybe Mizubasho ( translated as "skunk cabbage" in Englsh - dont know why ) at Okususobana nature park is worth visiting around that time.

The peak depends on the year, sometimes it's around GW - at the first half of May, sometimes later. Usually at the second half of May which is when you would like to try.

okususo05.jpg skunkcabbage1.gif

No, I don't think it smells bad.

But actually I also have never met a real skunk, so what can I tell?

> I do know what a bad rotten cabbage smells like though!

Don't want to know it!

lol.gif

I have also never met a real skunk actually, I wonder what they do smell of. I always think that the kamemushi don't seem to stink as much as their reputation (possibly not had a "full blast"), it's their shape and the fact they are in my house that freaks me out about them most.