Hello wave.gif

Did you enjoy season so far. I did not have enough time this year but because it I did not spend as much.

I think maybe less than 100,000 yen for whole season all include. How about you?

since i got some new skis, travelled to furano in the first week of january, paid for some maintenance and tuning, etc. etc....

and according to my recent check with my "Excel sheet" 521,895 (this is not yet including meals from my most recent trip to Hakuba)...

way WAY WAY over my budget!!!

\:\(

but at least lower than what i spent last season...

shifty.gif

I didn't spend a whole lot actually less than I had planned. That was due to a few weekends when I decided not to go due to being either knackered or just can't be arsed with the conditions at the time. Not sure if my season is over or not yet, but probably is.

What did your Excel sheet tell you last season then WantToSki?

Not much at all, through living nearby and having friends (who can provide freebies). \:D

My only real costs were a bit of gasoline and some curry rices here and there. And a few lift tickets here and there.

2nd pair of skis (non-pow snow)- 100k

plush-comfy / ferrari-performy boots- 70k

Pass- 60k

trnsportation- 28k

misc- ?k

total runs ~ .5k

nailing lines lap after lap on snow NOBODY touches in the trees that inspired Tarzan's dreams... K-less.

We spend Y8,000 per person per trip almost exactly. We buss it from Nagoya to wherever in those tour-packs. There's a few advantages to that. No tired drivers, unlimited number of friends can come along without worrying about being cramped or number of cars needed. You don't need to think about tires and/or chains. And you can get drunk without worrying about causing an expressway pile-up.

;\)

We've gone 12 times this year.

The number of people going each time if I can recall correctly, breaks down like:

12, 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 5, 8, 8, 8, 4, 4. (for 2007)

Collectively that's 71 people for a total of Y568,000 but me personally only Y96,000. Actually, about a third of those are child's tickets but WTH, I make up the difference in beer so it all works out about the same. BTW, that price includes rentals for the entire heard - almost everyone with us rents - and one lunch per.

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
I didn't spend a whole lot actually less than I had planned. That was due to a few weekends when I decided not to go due to being either knackered or just can't be arsed with the conditions at the time. Not sure if my season is over or not yet, but probably is.

What did your Excel sheet tell you last season then WantToSki?
including the trip to Queenstown in August of 2006 - at least 1M yen...

\:\(

PS: I used MS Money then, however it was TOO complicated for me to keep a budget (just too many categories to go over)... Excel is much simpler (which is 'why' I chose it for this year).

Not telling, too scared to add it all up...

And now I have this developing BC addiction and it is looking like costing mega bucks. I've got the basics, but I want more... Bigger pack, avalung, AT bindings, AT boots, skins, snow saw and those flash telescopic poles. It never ends...

Less than 10 man. Cheapest year since moving to Japan. No season pass, no new stuff (well, a pair of goggles). Just gas, highway fees, and lift tickets. Bad year \:\(