• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
who the hell sits down to do up their bindings?

stand backward to the fall line, kick your heel edge into the snow, and do them standing up.

as for some japanese focusing more on technique than having fun, it certainly isn't limited to skiers. Although snowboarders seem to divide their energy somewhat equally between trying to look as thugged-out as they can, and trying to do flatground fs nose butters.
Wow, you guys are cold! "thugged out"? it's just a fashion trend - you know, like skaters in the US - baggy everything - etc. I think it's good! At least they're exercising some form of non-conformity! Hey look out - the next step is individualism!

And nose-butters are fun! Feels like dancing on a spring!

Overcritical pessimistic yanks, I swear. ;p

I grew a beard while we were in Hakuba recently, and my wife let me keep it for a whole 3 weeks after we got home.

Then she'd had enough, and handed me a razor...

It was a pale shadow of Tesselator's achievement.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesselator:
Wow, you guys are cold! "thugged out"? it's just a fashion trend - you know, like skaters in the US - baggy everything - etc. I think it's good! At least they're exercising some form of non-conformity! Hey look out - the next step is individualism!

[/QB]
its not non-conformity when EVERYBODY and their dog does it.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Tesselator:

its not non-conformity when EVERYBODY and their dog does it. [/QB]
Well, it's against the "established majority" however you look at it.

But I thought like you too when I was in high school and everyone was metal, punk, mod, or jock. I was all like, Ummm, how is any of this original or non-conformist?
 Quote:
Originally posted by joshnii:
I couldn't grow that if I never ever shaved I'm sure. How long did it take you to grow that Tesselator?
Ummm I dunno... 8 months? and now it's been about 2 years. I cut a few centimeters off every few months - you know - split-ends and stuff. So I only get about 1cm a month total growth.
 Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
To clarify:
I was not complaining about skiers as a whole, it was about the actions of certain groups of skiers. Actually the particular action I have only observed Japanese skiers only do it.

It is not the formation of large shaped moguls in powder it is mini iced up runs that groups of about ten people making(I should take a picture) when I was a skiers I didn't like tracks. It just seems that the Japaneses that make them are only interested in perfecting their twists and not actually having fun( though practicing to perfection seems to be fun for a lot of Japanese)

But it seems there are a lot of angry skiers here...
yeah - these are usually a group of "ski clubs" that do the same runs again-and-again until they get their ass-twitching right (oooppsss...!?! did i just say that? i, too, am a skier)...

\:D
  • 2 weeks later...