well, it's been a long time since i posted on snowjapan since leaving japan, but i just had to after reading this.

it's the same old tired whinging and whining about skiers by snowboarders and vice versa.

its just like the surfing and bodyboarding thing.

get over it.

i have very good friends who do both. we ride together, respect each other and have a whole lot of fun.

don't waste your time thinking you're better than someone else because of what they choose to stick on their feet.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
because they have to get their ass wet
I often wonder about that when I see hundreds of boarders sitting on the snow - and in the way of everyone else - at the top of lifts. Do they have special boarder pants that take into account all the time spent sitting on the snow? ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
do you want some cheese with your whine?

metal up, groms and learn how to ride!
there are way better things to slag skiers about than making moguls.
Man, I was about to reply with exactly the same thing. My 1st thoughts were: Oooh, the guy doesn't know how to ride! Ha! LOL
 Quote:
Originally posted by kkk:
 Quote:
because they have to get their ass wet
I often wonder about that when I see hundreds of boarders sitting on the snow - and in the way of everyone else - at the top of lifts. Do they have special boarder pants that take into account all the time spent sitting on the snow? ;\)
Ummm... it's called waterproofing spray! It costs just Y1,000 a can and will keep your ass dry all day.

- people with two boards on their feet wear it too.
 Quote:
Originally posted by chairmanoftheboard:
Flow bindings=basically never having to sit down and you can strap in your back foot on the move. Clunk-click you're off, don't think I could go back to standard bindings now. Increased daily ride time by buying the wife some too.
Yep......No arse time for me either.

I love watching a skier crash. With 4 seperate pieces of equipment going 4 seperate ways. It's kind of like an octopus being thrown down a hill.

I both ski and board. At Hakuba Iwatake on the 23rd of this month I spent the first 1/2 a day boarding and then after I found a somewhat unknown run (actually most of which is a service road) I slapped on a pair SL skis and spent the last 1/2 of the day pretending I was outrunning an avalanche down that 4 kilometer road! Whoooooosh! Killer stuff!

I love watching any cool crashes! But boarders do more headplants and faceplants than any other group! \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by chairmanoftheboard:
Flow bindings=basically never having to sit down and you can strap in your back foot on the move. Clunk-click you're off, don't think I could go back to standard bindings now. Increased daily ride time by buying the wife some too.
pretty hard to do them up on a steep slope though thumbsdown.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Tesselator:
What's a tranny? As in one who is often transitioning between snowboards and skis or something?
Something like that ;\)

Kewl! Trannies rock - the best of both worlds!

To clarify:

I was not complaining about skiers as a whole, it was about the actions of certain groups of skiers. Actually the particular action I have only observed Japanese skiers only do it.

It is not the formation of large shaped moguls in powder it is mini iced up runs that groups of about ten people making(I should take a picture) when I was a skiers I didn't like tracks. It just seems that the Japaneses that make them are only interested in perfecting their twists and not actually having fun( though practicing to perfection seems to be fun for a lot of Japanese)

But it seems there are a lot of angry skiers here...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
pretty hard to do them up on a steep slope though thumbsdown.gif
Yes I struggled with mine for a while but seem to have overcome most of the problems with them. you don't see many around now though.
 Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
To clarify:
I was not complaining about skiers as a whole, it was about the actions of certain groups of skiers. Actually the particular action I have only observed Japanese skiers only do it.

It is not the formation of large shaped moguls in powder it is mini iced up runs that groups of about ten people making(I should take a picture) when I was a skiers I didn't like tracks. It just seems that the Japaneses that make them are only interested in perfecting their twists and not actually having fun( though practicing to perfection seems to be fun for a lot of Japanese)

But it seems there are a lot of angry skiers here...
Dewd, you are so, just making it worse. \:D
Now everyone is going to think you hate Japanese people... errr, skiers.

OOoo Oooo! You are so getting negative stars by your name dewd!

Heh.. Hehehe... no prob. But I don't see how that fits really? What? Me face looks like a girls or something?

userpic29781pic14605aa395fd1f.jpg

Ya really think I'd look good in a pink dress? {blush}

who the hell sits down to do up their bindings?

stand backward to the fall line, kick your heel edge into the snow, and do them standing up.

as for some japanese focusing more on technique than having fun, it certainly isn't limited to skiers. Although snowboarders seem to divide their energy somewhat equally between trying to look as thugged-out as they can, and trying to do flatground fs nose butters.