Not individuals per say, but when skiers make mini mogul runs out of powder. A few places yesterday when I having a good run I ran into 2 of these about 1 m groves in the middle of nowhere. Kagura has 3 "Technical" mogul runs so why do groups of skiers make their own.

Snowboarders should unite and make kickers in the middle of the major runs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learn something new everyday.

What I cant learn is why is there such an uptake of non mainstream sports in Japan. Especially telemark. You always see them here.

Its like the weird sports that you see on new years day on Japanese television. e.g. The large box highjump.

you should just bring a rail and mount it right in their mogul course.

you mentioned it was a 1 m groove. So was it just one groove one meter long? Huh?

Interesting hearing a snowboarder nit-pic skiers for ruining snow. Remember the snowboarder debate 15 years ago? "Snowboarders side slip all the powder away. they ruin our snow."

wwaaaaaaa.

No 1 M deep at least. Slip sliding down the mountain with the bad vis I didn't see it.

I didnt mind at that stage, but later when taking a chair lift I saw a group of 20 skiers making one in a bad place, a blind hill.

I was a skier for about 4 years, used to annoy the snowboarders by using the half pipe etc. Now the tables have turned.

Wa Wa. Learn to deal with it. Just like I have to deal with punks that insist on side slipping the pow with a Board. Mougal are formed naturally from the way people ski. Side slipping is from a persons in ability to board properly. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Quote:
What I cant learn is why is there such an uptake of non mainstream sports in Japan. Especially telemark
The telemark turn has been around a lot longer than you think try maybe 130 years.

huh? tele is huge and is having a massive resurgent market. new gear means new turns.

i know a lot of tele folks who RAWK soooo hard. they have moved to tele because, a) "skiing was too easy", and B) "snowboarding was just stupid". (their words not mine) i'd like you to tell them tele is redundant as they stomp backcountry 720 50foot cliff drops.

I basically respect boarders - some of my best friends board - but come on....

Boarders blaming skiiers for messing up the snow? That's pretty rich given the way you see inexperienced boarders scraping away - often on their a**es - down steep sections at various resorts turning the piste into an ice sheet...

I'd never tell people not to do what they enjoy (within reason) but recent trips skiing with boarders have reminded me of the basic superiority of skiing in my mind - no sitting around to strap in / out, the ability to skate over flat sections etc. Generally you get much better use of your time on the mountain on skis.

skidaisuki its called snow redistribution haha.

I also cant stand when snowboarders walk along and sit right in front of me to strap themselves in especially a group of them. Then you try and get around them when you are faced with a group of skiers that feel they don't have to move even a little bit out of the way because they are so much better than a snowboarder.

If you accidently scrap their skis they give you the worst glare ever, really cutting the snot off of ya.

Anytime I have touched a snowboarders board with mine they just smile, touch a ski and bullets are flying.

I call REVERSE DISCRIMINATION!!! clap.gif

New Rule: You are NOT allowed to bicker about the opposite sex if you were not around during the evolution of snowboarding in the first place. How could one possibly understand his/her argument about "ruts" if he/she didn't face the brutal rejection of closed-minded bigots that is now the foundation to this enlightened humour? wakaranai.gif

If you never called a resort back in the day to ask them if they allow snowboarding only to get rejected because it was not a socially-acceptable way to descend a mountain, then shut up. You honestly haven't lived through the abuse of which you now reverse on those who woke up and evolved and allowed the other sex to ride whatever tool they find most pleasurable.

ride your tools, I say, ride your tools.

Just don't ask to borrow one of my phallic-sticks when you discover there ain't enough juice in your single-tool. ;\)

maybe, I have no idea what that means. but your spelling reminds me of chewing tobacco. You a spitter too? I went to Kodiak High. We used to swallow as to prevent getting caught by the elders doing things that we only did to risk getting caught.

(If you're not an american, sorry... that joke probably goes nowhere.)

I'm Irish, rednecks are descendants from us so I guess a good bit of the colloquialisms sound familiar. Plus I have an auto spell checker running in Linux because my spelling is atrocious. Though I spelt rhythm correctly.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
that would be a mono ski. i think you can thank the french for that monstrosity.
Hey those things were fun! Do not knock it unless you've tried it (or have you?).

Ah yes the mono ski....WTF was that? They almost but not quiet made the full progression from 2 to 1. All they needed to do was turn sideways on the 'ski' and skiing was doomed forever!!!!!

Near but yet so far.