Thought some of you might enjoy this. I received requests from some old friends to put my vids up on YouTube. Instead of putting the old stuff up, I made a shortened video from my 03-04 season in Aomori and Iwate. New music, probably some of the same footage some of you have seen, but cut a bit different.

I've skied exclusively in Austria this season. Due to the lackluster snow conditions, it has been a huge let down. At least it's been sunny and super warm every time I've been there! I haven't had to pull out my cold-weather gear once. The snow has, well, sucked. I miss Japan in this respect. It looks like it's been pretty darn good out that way.

• 4 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
Nice. Which resorts areas where you at Plucky?
Sorry for the late response. Been a bit busy.

Most of the footage is from Hachimanti Forest with some Appi, Amihari and Shimokura in there. My cabin in Alaska got broken in to last year and most of my tapes and video equipment were stolen. I lost a lot of good footage that I hadn't gotten around to downloading yet. I'm just happy I had what I did on my hard drive. Lesson learned - film and download right away!

Hey, we finally got some fluff in the Alps! Scored two good weekends of powder skiing in late March! I've got a few trips left to do, but it's mostly going to be on-piste stuff at Ischgl and St Anton and trips to the glacier areas (Hintertux, Soelden, Stubai).

I really miss the consistent good snow of Japan. This season in the Alps has been bitterly disappointing. Still made the most of it and had fun though.

DB - you still around? Drop me a line some time. I plan on doing some biking and rafting in the Saalbach area this summer.
 Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
Plucky,
some of that stuff looked really out of control and some of your crew were not wearing helmets doing that.
Nice music though.
I never knew helmets were a prerequisite, but it may explain a lot about my friends and I. Just remember, that is a video of highlights, or lowlights if you will, from that ski season. It's just meant to be fun and is not indicative of how we skied most of the time.

Glad you liked the music. The first song is from 311 and the last two are from Boy Sets Fire. Both great bands.