My sister and family are visiting from the UK in the first week of April and would like to ski. It will be there first time so I need to find somewhere that isn't too difficut and hopefully has decent snow. Last year I went to Furano which was great. I'm also considering Zao (Yayamagata) and Kororo near Niseko. Any advice on the best options would be welcome. If we go to Hokkaido I'd like to book a tour. All the major tour oprators seem to be ending their tours at the end of March. Anyone know of a tour operator offring good all in prices from Tokyo?

Michal

Tokyo Mike

Hum.. not sure if any tour operaters still sell some package ski tour for April.

I guess perhaps you need to organize everything by yourself.

Due to less snow, some ski slopes have seemed to have hard time this season, so you'd better check each and every ski slope condition to decide where.

Good luck!

\:\)

Thanks everyone for your useful suggestions. I've decided on Kiroro. Today it had 350cm of snow and it is due to snow nearly every day for the next week, so I think we should at least be able to get on the slopes come April!

I even managed to find a tour. A little more expensive than I had hoped, but better than individual bookings.

Mike