I was up in Nagaoka today (just to the north of where I am) - 20 degrees it was!

eek.gif

17 or so back here where I live. Well warm. They say that some more snow is on the way, but it sure doesn't feel like it - more like summer is on it's way!

The resorts round here are all going to be closed in a week if we don't get any more. (Well apart from Kags and the like).

Back on subject, I see Ishiuchi Maruyama are considering whether to remain open or not after closing today:

本日強風のため現在全リフトの運行を見合わせて 362;りましたが、状況の好転が望めないため、本日の 営業を終了させていただきます。ナイター営業も" 892;いませんのでご了承下さい。

現在、異常高温のためゲレンデ状態が極めて悪く 394;っており、明日以降の営業につきましても検討中 です。最新の状況につきましては随時こちらのサ 452;トに掲載いたしますのでご覧ください。

It doesn't surprise me, the snow has just disappeared these last few days. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind wanting to hand over cash to ski there now.

It's very sad.

There was a Naked Pig festival at NanShan near Beijing last weekend... really good fun! And it was the first day I'd had real snow in Beijing (everything is manmade here) - very odd as it's right at the end of the season too...

Some photos here: http://www.nanshanski.com/06_07nanshan/winter_c/events20070304.asp

They don't have pictures of the 4 guys that went totally starkers, or the topless girl either unfortunately...

• 4 weeks later...