On Sunday 2/25/2007 FT rousted me out of bed with "Common dude let's go enjoy your last day in Hakuba"....still feeling crappy from the funkness I had all the previous week, I downed some coffee and got my crap together. I stepped outside to a perfect crystal sky with 0 wind and infinite visibility. We decided to head to Happo because we got a late start (10am) and could access a variety of lines depending on conditions.

We started the hike and within minutes I was feeling really damn good to be out there. I was hiking really strong despite my lingering cold and the crisp clean air felt good in my lungs. After a short 45min hike we decided to do a short line of the south face. The face we wanted was untracked and looked sweet. FT being the nice guy that he is said "Hey man it's all yours" SO I got the first drop.

The snow was fast as hell. There was about 10cm of slightly sun baked pow on top of a hard base. As I was steaming down this line I got this funny sensation that I wasn't moving at all, but that I was standing still and the world was sliding beneath me......strangest thing ever!

Anyways, a few turns later we were hooping and hollaring as how sweet the line was. We boot packed it up, well FT boot-packed it up I had snowshoes so I was chillin. When we got back up we decided to do another run but a little farther up the ridge. This time FT got first drop, being the nice guy that I am! By this time the snow was a little more sun baked and turned to slippery mush after about 3 turns, but still worth it. Back up and now it was time for the North face. The upper section was buttery smooth and I had a permanant grin on my face knowing that this was my last tour in Japan for a while. It was a absolutely perfect day, if you can ignore the entire bottom half of the mountain since it was riding through avi debri the size of small buildings. But none the less a perfect way to finish my riding in Japan..... \:D

But I am definitely sad that it has come to end \:\(

But there are always new adventures to look forward to \:D

But f you all for staying and playing in the best snow playground I have ever seen ;\)

Looked like fun guys, glad you had a great last day out Fubuki!!!

Speaking of Murodo, wouldn't it be sick if they opened up Tateyama..... like NOW!!! It's spring already, it feels like Tateyama time doesn't it?

Kuma -- do you know the people in charge? Let's send them lots of e-mails telling them we want to camp and ski there now thumbsup.gif

yeah BC is looking less and less likely, but there is still hope. The 1 prof I wanted to work with is bailing and the other 2 that I've contacted don't seem to interested. So that could make it very difficult for me to get there. But I just have to wait and see.

good TR, fubuki thumbsup.gif

i see u still haven't recovered from sunburn from a couple weeks ago. or u got another one sunday.

did u use my duck hunters again? hope they worked out well

goodbyes suck. there's always a next time.