It is absolutely pissing it down here right now.

And very sadly, the last of the snow that was on the rice field outside my house is now gone. \:\( At the 'peak of the season' this time it got to around 70cm.

For reference, it was early late April before it was gone last year and about 3.5 meters at it's highest

さいやく!!

but stability may arrive. it is supposed to get cool quick and turn that rain to snow, turning your slush-bomb mountain into a block of ice that will endure the high temps of spring, coated with a nice layer of pow come friday.

That heavy snow will slowly creep down the slope over time, pulling branches and small trees down with it. Heavy base makes tree skiing doable. You need it. smile, you didn't lose nearly as much snow as you assume (in the long run anyway.)

I hope you are right, though I don't think you are. You are about things other than the plight of town ski resorts anyway. A quick look over to Joetsu Kokusai near where I live shows the bottom slopes either dirt or a very dirty white with big brown patches. A truly sorry state it is in. Rumour has it they won't get much past the beginning of March.

Anyway, aside from the shaking apartment,

I'm sorry to hear you are seeing brown patches. Gomen ne.

Perhaps a good opportunity to save for a trip to the southern hemi this august? Argentina could go off again, as could NZ.

That really sucks. I was surprised at the snow this year. One of the things that was really fun before this year was seeing those huge walls of snow in the town just felt other-worldly like. This time there was none of that, felt robbed a bit but..

My standards are obviously higher than you guys.

To me a "dump" is only when we get a decent cm of snow on the ground. This season we have had maybe 2 times, 3 at most, when we have had a proper decent dump.

Usually we get at least once a week sometimes more. It just isn't happening this time round. When we get snow it is weak and only get a bit.

Not moaning just fact ;\)

Yeah, didn't use the word "dump" in my post, but considering how its been, seeing a day of snow is quite fun. Can't believe that we've only had to get the snow-blower out three times this season, so a definite lack of dumpage. We'll see though, two foot days in march are not that unusual, so all hope is not yet lost..

Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
My standards are obviously higher than you guys.

To me a "dump" is only when we get a decent cm of snow on the ground. This season we have had maybe 2 times, 3 at most, when we have had a proper decent dump.

Not moaning just fact ;\)
:p

It was dumping when I posted. That doesn't constitute a dump ;\)

It stopped for a while, but it's been snowing steadily all afternoon, and still going. We've had about 20cm today. The plough went through town this afternoon, and I expect to be up at 3.30 to prepare for the 4am pass.

I was thinking about skiing tomorrow, but it's windy. I suspect tomorrow will be rubbish.