sounds like lots of railin around. You should have seen my first rail experience last weekend at 47. Hit the rail and the board immediately slid out from under me, ass hit the rail and I bounced off....hahahahaha wish FT got a picture of that one....

But after the 3rd try I could actually slide a bit and get off without mangling myself.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i retract that statement, the yanaba nightas are only running until 24th march - it's not worth it.

at 5 more weeks x 1700 yen (going once a week) that works out to 8500 yen total.

steal EVERY flyer in the shop AK, the tuesday night sessions are go.

Girls nighta season passes are 20,000 (same as children and school students), guys are 25,000.

Even if I go twice a week occasionally, the season is shortest at Yanaba, and i won't go twice every week every week, so i wouldn't cover the cost.

It's also a bit far to drive so many times a week, it's an hour and a half of travel time each night - more if it's snowy or by train.

You should keep trying sliding boxes - just try on the lowest ones - like the 3rd box, so that you can just fall or even ski off the side if you get the body position of balance wrong, and it won't matter.

Your fall looked a little awkward, but that's not going to 'end your season' esecially if you try on the lower boxes. Just build up in little steps and it will be easy and fun (and bruising, but that's part of the fun) - but skiing straight along boxes, which you can do, doesn't really help you learn rails...

that guy who fell off that middle rail and got taken off in an ambulance might have ended his season. rails and boxes are the things i'm least excited about in the park - i can't use any of that in the backcountry - i'd rather hit kickers and do other stuff. i shouldn't have tried that on the big box anyway - i got round to a random angle 3 times on the small box and know i wont hurt myself coming off it if i did fall. that other box was bigger and i smashed down onto ice... i'm in pain today, and some people break bones doing that, i didn't, but you could. i've got too many other varied aims this season, to spend all my time pushing it with rails (which DEFINITELY involves falling off them). the way you try to push me AK doesn't make me want to do it.... you can be a little bit condescending (in person, not on here) with your park banter. when i rode yanaba with jonny last week, i wanted to do it and i progressed - he was the right person to ride park with. i got everyone to go there last night, and i'm there trying... it's enough.

true, that might be the end of his season - I'm not trying to make you cane yourself, but if you want to ride park as you have often said, then you have to try some new things... it doesn't matter how small or little they are, as long as you do something new or better each time you ride.

that's progression.

I think the point is, I prefer not to have 'park banter' - just holla out the 'Yeahs' for anyone doing something that is challenging themselves.

Because if you want 'park banter' that means friendly piss-taking as well as hollering, and playing 'now you have to do it' games - that IS 'park banter' - it is part of snow and skate culture and it is friendly but offers no hiding place for those who want to talk at a level above that which they ride or just wear the clothes. It is a very male culture though, and can also be a kind of rite of passage, but it's a great way of progressing.

Like I said, I don't want park banter - just positive vibes. If I'm condescending, that's just because I'm old codger!

chill AK i've been to the park 3 days this season - i rode pipe and and boxes for pretty much the first time last week - and you want me to be tryin fkn truckdrivers outa the pipe and spinning 3's off the box, chill will ya. you've done seasons in parks, chill with your veteran attitude. as i was about to call it a day, FT told me to do something, so i went back up for a few laps and i tried it and fell off, that's what happens when you are learning. i'm just saying i want to do it, because i want to do a bit of everything - but park is the element of mountains and snow i'm least interested in, so i'm not as aggressive as you... i want to go and have fun & progress, but i don't need to be told by a snowboarder that everything i'm doing is wrong or not good enough, that doesn't help me at all. i'm not really in this to be part of some rite of passage or something, just having a good time. next time invite some other girls, who don't ride park (that much) and see what they do.............

er, who said

"I really need to learn truckdrivers" in the lodge? lol.gif

I've chilled.

I'm just being a grumpy old codger. All i meant was that it was cool you tried to step up the level on the box, and if you had tried it again (on the lower box, not the waist high one!) you would have had it in the bag!

I need an early night - I'm too old for staying up past 9pm. I need some horlicks!

lol.gif lol.gif think it might take me a while to get round to learning truckdrivers lol --- but my favourite trick to watch so far. you shouldn't ever actually listen to what i say AK, you know that. anyway, happy days - need to go to the gym tonight and stretch out the sore bits and lift some more weights (small ones, don't want to mislead anyone into thinking i go big on anything lol) ---- then onsen ---- ohh what a rainy day. has anyone else got any more exciting plans for valentines day? :rolleyes: you are off to bed, and i'm going to the gym.... like jonny says... "skiing ruins relationships" lol.gif