hakuba locals - anyone who wants to join in for the tuesday night yanaba sessions, give me a shout.

there's a few not so large kickers, a spine, pipe and selection of rails and boxes to hit.

tickets are 2000 yen including a drink - 6 -9:30pm

who's in tonight?

AK and rodger are in i think. who else?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice phone camera timing!

I knew there was a reason I got a white jacket!

(the skinny jeans are invisible though - too skinny to see!)

That was a fun evening - seeing the Quebec boys styling out of the pipe, or dad (FT) shouting 'rail jam, rail jam' and leading the session on the rails (and leading EBC into an amusing fall on the taller box - it looked like a chicken wishbone getting pulled!) all gave me some stoke.

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
Nice phone camera timing!

I knew there was a reason I got a white jacket!
(the skinny jeans are invisible though - too skinny to see!)

That was a fun evening - seeing the Quebec boys styling out of the pipe, or dad (FT) shouting 'rail jam, rail jam' and leading the session on the rails (and leading EBC into an amusing fall on the taller box - it looked like a chicken wishbone getting pulled!) all gave me some stoke.
... watching AK stylin in skinny jeans gave me stoke. was a good session up there. french canadian pipe fun. dad getting into rails. roger is a bit of a sneaky park legend, even managed to break his bindings, nice one.

bailing onto bulletproof ice at night off a box is not the best... my left leg isn't working properly today, and my ass hurts ouuuch, and FT thought i was going to cry lol... that really hurt at the time.

Yes, I'm out of retirement. For now.

But maybe i'll retire my 'snowboard specific' clothes - jeans was fun. No hiding wack style under XXL pants!

EBC - you really should have just hiked back up and hit the box again - that way it's much less scary the next time, and finish learning what you started, and if you're sore already there's nothing to lose (apart from that guy that was carted off to hospital in an ambulance)!

I want to go back again this week.... hmmm maybe you were right about the nighta season pass... then again i would have to go 12 times to pay that off... been 3 times already... unless i start going more than once a week there isn't going to be any snow at yanaba in 9 weeks time!

1700 yen with a flyer (7 quid at current exchange rate!) is cheap enough for 3 and half hours riding with small jumps, hip, small pipe, nice rail and 3 boxes, and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

If i lived closer... it would be season pass and 3 times a week.

hey boys calm down - i landed on my injured/scar tissued/messed up leg - it hurt like hell, i couldn't move for a bit, the last thing i was going to do was hike back up and ride it again. sorry but getting injured hitting rails and boxes is NOT AT ALL worth missing the rest of the season, i'll stick to kickers, pipes and spines until spring comes... and continue hitting the boxes straight until it feels TOO good. and i'm not too into your theory about it being sore already and having nothing to lose... i can't walk properly today, i wouldn't have done myself any favours by falling off it again. and yes FT it was all YOUR fault lol ;\)