Had a bit of a bugger of a 3 day weekend just gone. Spent about 5 hours driving to a fairly average resort (tsumagoi) after being stuck in traffic. Finally made it onto the mountain, a mere two hours of riding in and ended up doing the ligaments in on my knee!! Absolutely gutted!

Was going through the trees when I hit a root under the snow that I hadn`t seen and ended up arse over tit, knee going the opposite direction.

The rest of the 3 day weekend my mates rode as I sulked! Am hoping it isn`t as bad as i think and I can still get soemthing in before the end of season.

What are the other injuries to come out of this season to people here?

Broke my foot January 2006

Twisted my ankle January 2007

But I'm back now after 3 weeks of not doing much. To bad my free time is all but used up and I won't have much more until June. Weekends for me now. Although I do have 2 weeks off in March...

Enjoy the free time

I'd never had a free winter before and last year I actually had some fun without the thought "have to go skiing" running through my brain all the time. It sucks sometimes but train really hard and you'll be back soon enough

Drink beer, eat food and visit people you would normally not see in the winter

Fractured my elbow, first day out in Nozawa(Christmas Eve) met a snowjapan reader but dont know his online, name offline name is Andrew.

Not an injury but an on going problem, it seems my hip is really lose and sometimes it goes into an awkward position. This used to happen a lot while skiing but it only happened once while boarding.

Funny you should mention it, sitting here with stitches inside and out my mouth after kneeing myself in the face at Tenjindaira in Minakami last weekend, and pushing my top teeth through the bit between bottom lip and chin. Riding something very steep and turned to break on soggy snow that just locked up and stopped the board dead, momentum carried upper body down and face onto my knee. Thought I'd lost a load of teeth at first, blood everywhere but still had a great weekend with the Canyons/Outdoor Japan peeps at the Reggae Snowsplash event. A wonky \:\) Take care everyone and hope you all get fixed up soon and don't forget a decent stretch before and after you ride.

Actually even though it's def. small (3 lifts?), I got some of the best turns this season out there. If you choose your spots and are prepared to head under some ropes you can have some fun. Friend went back a couple days after my accident and it had snowed a fair bit in between and he said it was pretty decent. Like I said though, not as big as you might think at first glance but when there's plenty of cover the bc's supposed quite the hidden treasure.

• 3 months later...
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
I broke my ass in Feb. Didn't go to the hospital or anything, but it still hurts when I sit for too long AND IT'S NOW JUNE! Probably broke my taibone or brused something pretty badly.

SJA, I do not want to worry you too much or anything, but I cracked my tailbone many years ago, and it took roughly 5 years for the nagging pain to completly go away. That's what I call a pain in the a...

Tsonda, that inflamation sounds nasty. Better to get it sorted during the off-season and be healthy for the next winter.

LM, fell into a ditch by yourself? under the influence of something?

Hope all recover swiftly!!!

Ok, so I went to the doctor to fix the leg and I have ended up taking medication for my waist! \:\(

Took some X-rays, nothing suspicious on the leg, but one of my spine disks has started deforming. Most probably because I was lifting too much on the gym wile doing squats.

The doctor said that the pain on the leg might be because the disk is pushing one of the nerves. wakaranai.gif

The funny thing is that my waist doesn’t really hurt, only the leg and not when I am working out, running, hiking etc put when I am still on a chair for some time. The pain goes as soon as I start moving.