Are you skiing/boarding less than you want to this season?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Friend of mine works at a resort and we were talking about this last night over a beer and I thought I'd post a poll to see what others are thinking.

He said that the guest numbers where he works were down considerably this year - and the main reason they think due to the less than exciting conditions and lack of snowfall. He says there is a "sad" feeling around instead of a "moriagaru" one.

So - are you skiing and boarding less than you actually want to due to the snow conditions we have? To rephrase, if there was more regular fresh pow out there, would you be going more?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ski every available day I can. But I have a pass. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be paying for some of the days I get out- like last night's bullet-proof ice arcs. Fast but dangerous. still fun though.

However, last weekend was the snow of the year thus far.

So far this season has kind of been a mixed bag. There has been some really good days and then well.

For me its not so much about whether the conditions are good or bad. But just about getting outside and away. If i don't feel like paying for a pass I'll just grab the kids and ski around one of the local golf courses.

I can get outside and away and do other things so for me I want at least half decent conditions - so yes I am going less. I'm thinking of taking a trip up north a bit though nearer where soubs is to give that a go. Maybe Hakuba also which seems better than round Niigata.

Expensive, bad experiences can invoke a 'once bitten, twice shy response'.

Early January in Hakuba was like biting into something rotten or kissing the wrong end of something.

What's worse was lining up with crowds to get it.

By 3, most people had had enough and left in cold silence with their heads down.

I never want to see the arse-end of a skijo again.

Instead, I've been training to carry a 14 kg pack on a multi-day, self-supported hike along the Tanzawa Range.

Unusually early spring gardening chores are keeping me busy too.

It's hard to have too much enthusiasm to splash the cash when you hear of rain and bald patches on the slopes. I will next go when I hear of a decent snowfall.

Quote:
still going everyday off and loving it thumbsup.gif
I am so excited to go tomorrow!!! Even when it's bulletproof you can have so much fun
Glad to see someone with the right attitude

I don't have much spare cash. A trip to the snow costs money. The snow is generally pretty crap right now. I'd rather save some money to use on something that I'll enjoy than a day on ice.

I suppose my attitude might be 'wrong', for some reason.

NO

I have gone about half of what I want to do. That being said, I have managed to get powder every time up (about 10 days) since the New Year. Pretty happy about my days considering the ill snow conditions.

Anyways, don't give up hope. Winter starts now! Do your snow dance, everyone... It's ON!!

There have been about 3 weekends when I would have gone if conditions were decent but weren't this season. I know I would probably have found fun out there if I had have gone, but it is just too much cost and hassle to be worth it with icy conditions. I might be a snow snob.