• SnowJapan Admin

The feedback we got is from people who do not like to just be presented with a link and no explanation - so they don't really know what they are being presented with without clicking. That seems to annoy some people.

As has been commented on in this thread, there are many people out there with a whole wide range of thoughts and opinions. We almost daily hear people 'being amazed' at someones elses posts, someone elses attitude, our policies and everything else you can think of. (It's very dramatic sometimes ;\) )

Please understand that the angry icon response is nothing to do with SJ.

From our point of view, we are just asking that people do not post threads with simple links like that - not because of browsers 'exploding', but because it is our policy and if we start allowing it then the forums will soon be full of such postings.

Thanks \:\)

anyway, thanks for the link.

that dude that almost hit the rock surely would have been dealt some pretty major issues, had he hit it.

And Jamie Pierre doing the 245 footer for a world record when he's a father is a selfish prick. It would be great if he were childless, but when you have responsiblities that big, I really lose respect for people who boost like that.

you`re welcome samurai-didn@t know he was a father- good point - certainly seems like he has a death wish- !Thanks SJI but can you (and I@m sure there are lots of grey areas) clarify exactly i.e is it not the kind of link you want as for example I@ve just re read the super 14 thread and there are two links - one to an online game and another to an article about an AB@s indescretions at a christchurch nightclub- if I was to introduce the subject matter then its fine to share a url on the forums right? I realise it might be case by case and your policy ultimately determines it.

• SnowJapan Admin

There are grey areas and it is case by case. ;\)

Seriously, your thread would have gone un-noticed if you had simply introduced it so that people knew what it was all about, it wasn't an ad or self-promotion or anything that we objected to. We simply do not want to start allowing threads that are just links posted on here. It has caused almost no problems in the past.

Sorry, it is one of those things that we are not going to discuss in detail online (annoying as that may be). If you want to continue this discussion, please PM me. Thanks.