• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand there are a lot of Hong Kong Chinese visiting Hakuba as well, and they didn't get a mention at all...

Seeing all this sudden interest makes me feel old, having been skiing at various resorts in Japan for a mere 11 years. I guess the strength of the Aussie dollar against the yen has a lot to do with it.

There is a push from the local Japanese community here in Hakuba who are wanting the area to progress. I am sure that they are behind a lot of whats happening within the media. I know we hear on the forums everyone's varying opinions on what Hakuba should be doing but I do know that council are looking at some of the issues that get raised including increasing the areas international profile.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
They seemed the least bit interested cuz it was more mendoukusai for them to have all these foreign guests running around.
and now thy're probably the one's complaining that they've missed out, and not getting any financial benefit from the oversea's guests.

well im dissappointed that no one has mentioned the cute babies in this thread yet :p

in fact based on the kawaii factor we experienced i wouldnt be surprised if the real reason the crew came was for Hunter and Naomi!