I met this dude at Niseko who called himself Ski Beaver, it turns out he likes to take photos.

So to continue the theme he started last year, here are some shots from Niseko

Wohoo, finally I'm in some deep pow, complete with face shots!

journey_man_6.jpg

journey_man_5.jpg

Ski Beaver doing what he does best

journey_man_2.jpg

journey_man_9.jpg

Gavin was new to pow, but he didn't let it slow him down!

journey_man_4.jpg

Ben trying to kill my camera

journey_man_3.jpg

The images above were all taken in cloud and bad light. But we did get the odd fine day, Yotei-san even put in an appearance.

journey_man_7.jpg

He said he was on this forum, so I checked out some of his posts. He sure loves the pow glory shots!

Hence me deciding to continue his theme from last year. Niseko might be 'Little Australia' and flat, but it has the best pow I've ever skied in! Even in a year the locals tell me is the driest for yonks.

Will post some more once I've managed to push them through PS.

Snobee, we scored some nice snow at Mizuho two weekends ago after that big dump. The crazy bear course was closed due to lack of snow, but after that dump it was actually fine and we poached some nice runs in there a number of times that day \:\)

Hey JM,

Nice pics ^ although I seem to recall there are some even better ones on the way!

Yeah its flat here, and the season is nothing on the last couple I have had here - but it still dumps snow like nowhere else in the world.

Its currently dumping right now - only just started though.

Post up some more of those pics, or Ill put some together when Im back home next week.

Hope youre getting some pow somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Beaver:

Post up some more of those pics, or Ill put some together when Im back home next week.

More coming! I'm just a bit slow at the whole PS thing - the originals are a bit dark to post as is.

Have you managed to rip any of the vids yet? Would be fun to post a 'Best of the Flatlands'.

I've just been to the Snow Festival in Sapporo so will post some piccies of that as well. Unfortunately it is warm here and the exhibits are starting to melt - and it's only day 1. Very sad, not to mention scary. \:\(

A real bigline.

fattwins_125.jpg

A really deep yet flat line

journey_man_9.jpg

spines or 25 degree powder?

chutes or 25 degree bowls?

40 degree meadows or 25 degree Back country?

Do you really want me to go down the road of why I wont pay to go there?