Apols if this appears somewhat OT but figured it might reach more peeps here. Just bought some of this year's Burton Rulers, the ones with the separate upper and lower zone pull-lacing system. Super-comfy and highly recommended BUT if you have any/plan on buying any please MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE KNOTS WHICH SECURE THE LACES TO THE BOOTS AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM ARE SECURE AND LOCKED. The bottom knot is hidden under a small flap of leather but it is there. Why am I shouting this from the hilltops? Because I bought a pair early January, got them home and tried them on, pull the laces tight and both top laces just come off in my hands. Went back and changed them and all appeared to be well with the new ones until I started pulling them tight in the Kagura gondola last Monday when one of the bottom ones came unattached. Very luckily I was able to fix it on the spot but this could seriously ruin your day so if you have these boots or know anyone with same, please be warned/warn them.

In 73 days of using the burton speed zone laces I haven't had a problem. but once the knot comes undone then it's a real b!tch. My friend's would come undone sometimes. Just make sure they are secure before you go riding

I've got this year's Moto Boots. They are the 1st year Burton put speed zone laces on the Moto. After my 1st day out, I noticed my right boot laces started fraying at some points. Practically where the lace rubs against the some of the holes they go through.

After a couple more days on the snow, the lace for the upper zone got completely stripped, exposing the white inner part of the nylon lace. The laces are still holding ok for now, but I'm afraid it might give at any moment. I bring plastic cable ties with me to the mountain just in case the laces should snap apart.

I contacted Burton Japan about this issue, and they said that since I bought it at one of the Winter Sports Festas, they had nothing to do with Burton Japan. Thus my boots were considered grey market products imported from the states and aren't covered under Burton's warranty.

Foolish of me to save money at the expense of having a valid warranty. But the darn pricks didn't even answer my other question about where I could get them fixed. Anybody know where I can?

I also have a pair of Burton cargo pants (which I bought legitimately in the States) that tore on me after I took a spill. All this pretty much put me off on Burton's "quality". Should've known better than to trust a product based on a name and their warranty statement.

Next time around I think I'll maybe go for DC allegiance with the the separate upper and lower boa lacing systems. Anybody know anything about those?

3da5snow - take the boots down to jimbocho and check in one of the snowboarding shops - they may be able to order some replacement laces for you....Either that or write a letter to Jake Burton himself - you never know, he might make good...

Kuma, Thanks man - I'll try that...