Can you read Japanese?

check out the JR higaeri brochures at the vyuuu offices around JR stations. (from memory i think the brochure has a yellow cover)

There's loads of one day packages in there which include transport there and back, lift tickets, and sometimes if you pay a bit extra you can also get lunch deals thrown in.

Also if you're after cheapies - check out the homepages of some of the resorts, sometimes they've got a coupon for a free beer, or cheaper lift tickets..

Yep JR, I did 2 day trips this year. A day trip costs between 10,000 and 12,000. Also they have a trip in vju for Hunter Mountain. You dont really need to read Japanese its all pretty easy. On the mag that Longboad described, there is one mag that is for day trips only it has a big kanji for Day(sun) same as the first kanji of Japan (ni)

I might even take another day trip this weekend kagura seems great.

Morning bus higaeri ( 日帰りバス )packages range from 4000 to 10,800 depending on what day you go. (That's round trip bus + lift ticket.)

Just go to any JR Byuu Plaza or travel agency like JTB and look through their higaeri ski/snowboard pamphlets.

The tobu line also has a special package deal where you can catch a train from asakusa for about 6000 yen.

This is the Mag you need.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The big letters say higaeri(day trip).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the page for Hunter, but the webcam shows no snow. It costs about 7600 for this weekend.

I have been on 2 trips from this paper and all are good. I might go to Myoko on Sunday.

Does anybody know how to get to charmant?