• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top of Nozawa is still good but if we don't get a dump then March will be "top only". Lets hope for a surprise dump. Living in Iiyama though and with a few seasons behind me --- just doesn't feel like it is going to happen. Just a not as good as usual year.

Good cover on the courses? Well you must have it much better than us, as this is Iwappara yesterday:

001oh3.jpg

That tells a rather different story.

Outside my house last year there was 2-3 meters. Today there is 0-5cm.

March is not a mistake. From next week on, I'll be hitting the slopes and I'm bringing the snow with me, damn it! Sorry to keep everyone waiting. I'll see what I can do about the telephone box too.

yeh we usually have MUCH more snow, but nothing wrong with any of the courses at hakuba. i've been skiing powder pretty much every day i've been out, FT has done lots of sweet bc lines, it's not been bad at all --- it's not the best, but it's not terrible at all.

i miss the snow at town level though, and i miss driving through blizzards. it doesn't feel like winter, you walk outside and it feels like spring. but if you know how to make use of yourself and where to ski, you can have a good time. alternatively if you are australian you'll think it's amazing anyway lol.

i'm looking forward to march - maybe it will dump? maybe it won't and we'll just go hiking. OR maybe it will dump AND we'll go hiking? maybe maybe baby....

My point is that we will make it to March and the courses will be fine.

If you want to stay home then tough luck id rather get out there then complain about it. Even in a bad year we are weathering the strom and hanging in there fully open. Oh yes most of the trees have been good too.

I'm sure you would. Not all of us have season passes and live 5 minutes from the slopes. It costs quite a lot of cash for lots of us and I can't afford to shell out that much and when I do I want good conditions.

There is a 1-2 meter base at Zao, which is now a block of ice and should last some time. Piste has great coverage and the trees are doable, and that's saying a lot as the trees have ridiculous undergrowth that needs to be covered this year.

OK, folks, snow or no snow, I'm booked to arrive in Hakuba for Apr 1 and will stay for a week. Since I did win the Hakuba Village Lift-ticket Giveaway, I hope I will be able to use it. Otherwise, I'll just have to spend my time stalking BCS and treating her hemorrhoids....oops, I mean hematoma if it isn't fully recovered by then.