My plan was to ski Japan for the 1st time in mid March, but gathering from the season reports, this is looking like a bad time to go.(Im from Australia, so used to pretty minimal cover)

My preference was to ski Nagano, because the weather seems to be better, but im thinking that there wont be much left to recommend this area by then. In dont want my 1st experience in Japan to be disapointing. id rather put it off until next season if it means better snow.

Am i being too careful?.. all you regulars? what say you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather forcast for this coming March is just like usual year but it has snowed much less than usual, so might be bad, might be okay. Hard to pressume how it will be.

At this moment snow at ths ski slopes are less than 200cms as of Feb 1st 8 a.m.

As far as when I see this snow information, there has been worse record in the past if I remember correctly. And usually most deep snow are recorded at Mid Feb - mid May so maybe you can keep observing and decide.

Good luck

wave.gif

whichever its still 100 times better than auzzie sking and all the slopes will be open and have good cover. In the past week we have had 100 cms of snow or maybe more at mid mountain.

I dont know why you wouldnt come really cause in may ill still be sking onpiste.

When i ski a chute in june I want beer from all you guys that think or know that its that bad here. in jan at 2000meters there was a 4 meter base. i belive that there is now a six meter base thats enough to get me out there.

who said i was picking a fight /I just want beer and I want you to be dumb enough to play lol.

In March the groomers will be fine. Its now march its april sking that might be a bit bad but in april they close the bottom lifts anyways and stop managing the runs. they do this to save money. Yes there are places that will be hurting this season in march I seriously dont belive that we are one of them.

Quote:
whichever its still 100 times better than auzzie sking and all the slopes will be open and have good cover. In the past week we have had 100 cms of snow or maybe more at mid mountain.
Why doesn't that reflect in the Now reports? ((Hey FT, that's really not a facetious question. I don't doubt that there's a lot of under-reporting but this years 'Now' reports read like last year's if you take the '0' off at the end -- "We received a good 4-5cm last night. Should be good turns for those who get out early... ..."))