• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complex? I have a season pass and buy tickets when I dont go to my resort. Dont see how I could slip through all those electronic gates w/out anyone seeing me either.

Is it really so bad to buy a pass from somebody? i dont think so. If youre that rich anyways then you should be the one supporting resorts Mr. Moneybags.

I do it for the same reason I beat little cats, seals and when the mood takes me, puppies.

I am an evil person incapable of love or being tidy (just ask FT). I want the world to suffer in the same way that I have due to reading mundane posts online for many years.

For the lift ticket dodging:

I want these people to go broke and to be homeless.

If I can, when dodging ticket machine, I will also throw water onto the snow to melt it. This further reduces snow quality and destroys the local town's economy.

I also drop snow on people from the lifts, particularly on the elderly (I used to do it to children, but they thought it was funny).

Enjoy your time on the slopes and hope that I don't see you because I'll push you over.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thursday:
It's not about being rich or poor. It's about honesty and doing the right thing. Is that over your head?
pretty simple to me - you make it seem like theres a huge number when, in fact, its more like 1 or 2. Is it wrong to buy passes off people Saint Thursday?

first, deep breaths...

breath in..... breath out...

breath in..... breath out...

Repeat until your face is not purple.

Now, where did I say buying tockets off other people should be condemned? NOT BUYING TICKETS is another matter.

BP, nobody specific, just a reference to the whole world or the SJ audience, whichever is greater.

I already did yoga today so I feel pretty good \:\)

I think you'd be better off bicthing at resorts for building useless/unused lifts, not opening areas which should be opened, and not doing much/any avie control - all of which would attract more customers and make it safer for all.

Regardless, if peeps are that bad then fack em, they'll pay for it later as thats bad karma IMHO and something I wouldnt do.

OK, sooooo let me get this straight Thursday.

It`s OK to buy used day passes, but you`ll burn in hell if you don`t buy a pass? That`s pretty funny since your reasoning is that the resorts are loosing money, gonna go out of buisness... How is it that you figure resorts make money off somebody buying someones used day pass?

jeeze, the pass is paid for isn't it?

OK, I can see where this is going.

You'll say something like "I won the pass from SJ's contest so is that a condemnable act"

The gist is, so long as there has been legitimate payment to the resort then fine and good.

Quote:
Originally posted by samurai:
How about swapping passes? Can I give my pass to a buddy and take a coffee break while he takes a few runs, then vise-versa?
No way, You'd be giving the all high and mighty gaijin round here that are all better than us and impose their strict morals a bad reputation...

hold on how are they not paying really? the only way i see how they could do it is by buying a used day pass. Its very hard to push through electronic gates all day without getting noticed. I Canada its quite hard to get away without paying for a ticket these days there are so many people checking.

I think I’m going blue in the face.

The lift pass was bought by someone. That someone paid the resort an amount of money to ride the lifts. Only one person can ride at a time. If that person, halfway through the day, changed from a skier to a boarder or vice versa, nobody would give a monkey’s so long as the lift pass he uses was paid for.

If somebody got on a lift without a pass because he dodged a pass check or whatever, then that is being cheap and is depriving the resort of blood money. That is in a way stealing.