Some resorts are hanging on by their fingernails, dependant on the cash from the lift ticket sales.

So why do you dodgers do it? just for laaghs 'coz you can get away with it or are you just really cheap and would put your enjoyment over the livelihoods of the resort people and the survival of the resort.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to do it at Karuizawa. And i still would, if i could stomach going back to that hole.

i did it because even though i worked there as an instructor part-time, they NEVER gave me any tickets. I could only ride if i was in uniform.

To me, a seasons pass is kinda obligatory to all staff, but these guys wouldn`t even flow day tickets!!!

Not paying certainly wasn`t cutting into my own salary. All that money was going somewhere, and i`m guessing it wasn`t the staff actually working on the mountain.

But that is the only place i did it at. I pay everywhere else.

What a curious thread!

Anyway on the subject, I have never noticed people ticket dodging at all even considering resort staff sometimes don't seem bothered checking tickets. I have more than a few times seen people leaving just after lunch and selling on their one-day ticket to people just arriving for the afternoon.

That's all.

Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
I have more than a few times seen people leaving just after lunch and selling on their one-day ticket to people just arriving for the afternoon.

That's all.
I'm a lunch buyer sometimes..
Had enough or poached one hill time for the next.. cheap as and what's wrong with it anyway.
I sometimes teach the kids first (if not fresh) and do the arvo session. You can get really good deals coz some people just can't get the maths right!

How many people actually get away with dodging lift tickets?

I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near 2% of mountain users. Not exactly a huge issue mate. I don't think it's sending mountains bankrupt...do you?

Someone's jealous...

I think tday has got a point and I agree with him. I read a post recently on this forum which mentioned how to get a cheap afternoons skiing by buying lift passes off people when they go to get a refund after lunch. Ill admit Ive also done it in the past and also a number of other methods but I think Id be too embarassed to do it now. Sure its no financial loss to the ski resort and everyone who does it can come up with some lame reason about how theres nothing wrong with doing it but these people who do it are just basically really cheap. Im sure that there are Japanese that also do it but the Foreigners that stand near the ticket refund machines or at the carpark asking for the passes stand out and help to give Foreigners a bad rep.

I buy my tickets (or use vouchers I have been given!). About hanging around car parks, I've seen a few Japanese do it and no foreigners do it. I like to be out there for a day anyway not just 3 hours \:\)