I'm at Niseko at the moment having a great time in what snow there is. It seems like heaps of great snow to me, but the locals assure me that it has been a very dry season so far.

The plan was to move down to Nagano for February and check out the snow there - however reading some of the threads it sounds like there isn't a lot of snow.

What do people think, stay in Hokkaido or visit Nagano?

Journey Man - Niseko's excellent but spending 2 MONTHS there...? Come to Japan...!

Talk of a 'shortage' of snow away from Hokkaido depends where you are, and is relative because Japan normally gets so much. It's top to bottom everywhere in Hakuba for example, and we had a great time there this weekend.

You'll be missing out if you don't see what Hakuba, Nozawa and Shiga Kogen (at least) have to offer.

lol, I wouldn't stay just at Niseko! But travel around a bit. My Hokkaido roadie didn't pan out so I was wondering about heading south, but I kept hearing these persistent rumours that it wasn't very good down there...

Sooooo, how much did Hakuba get?

Quote:
Originally posted by skidaisuki:
47 + Goryu. After a big sesh had three hours sleep on Friday night and my gf was with me so dodged the party last night. Will try and make it next time, though
Sorry to hear that - I was looking out for you at the party. Anyway, next one eh!