Not too much actually. Check ANA website. It costed me 14000yen(one way) from Western Japan which is much more far away from Hokkaido than Tokyo. Depends when you are traveling and that stuff. Also the sooner you book the more chances to find a cheap deal.

Yes, there is a shinkansen (bullet train) to Hokkaido as far as I know. I don't know about the prices from Tokyo though.

Hope it helps.

Sawadeekup, here's something I posted on another thread.

Rail to Sapporo:

Time: about eleven hours

Fare (one way): 22,530 yen

Japan Rail Pass is valid to Shinkansen and Limited Express trains.

Now almost no people choose this route to Hokkaido. Surely much slower than air, moreover there are no advantage in terms of price. Considering the various discount services by air companies, rail is more expensive than air, now. However, if using Japan Rail Pass, this choice can be competitive.

Air to Sapporo:

Time: about four hours (including time between city and airport

Fare (one way, normal fare): 24,700 yen (JAL, ANA, JAS), 16,000 yen (AIRDO)

Nearly all the passengers to from Tokyo to Hokkaido Island uses air. Sapporo is the largest city in the Hokkaido, and Tokyo - Sapporo line is indeed the busiest route in the world with more than forty flights a day. Most of them are operated by 747 jet with more than 500 seats. AirDo, which is the new airline born recently due to the deregulation, provides cheaper fare than the three largest airlines. The three companies also provides various kinds of discount tickets up to fifty per cent off.

The train is not really an option unless you have abundant time and want to see a lot of scenery on the way. There is also no shinkansen - yet - that runs end-to-end (the northernmost shinkansen stop is currently Hachinohe in Aomori Prefecture), though there are some other non-shinkansen through trains which go through the long underwater tunnel that connects Honshu and Hokkaido.

Basically, fly there.

tday - not sure where you get 4 hours flying time to Sapporo from. Okinawa? It's no more than 2 hours from Tokyo (which is most likely where a Thai visitor will be changing planes).

Fly it, unless you have a JR rail pass.

If you have a JR rail pass, you can get the dude at the ticket reservations counter at Ueno Station to ticket you on the 3 trains it will take to get from Tokyo to Sapporo. I did that once (from Utsunomiya actually, so the ride time was a little shorter), and having left after breakfast, arrived in Sapporo after dinner. Back then, the Shinkansen only went as far as Sendai, so nowadays, you might get in before sunset.

If you're thinking of the single, non-stop train ("Romance" train) that runs between Sapporo and Ueno, that generally runs overnight, so it can sometimes save you from shelling out for a hotel room. I rode that back down to Tokyo on the same trip, leaving after dinner and arriving after breakfast. Without a JR rail pass it is more expensive than a plane ticket.

Quote:
Originally posted by skidaisuki:
tday - not sure where you get 4 hours flying time to Sapporo from. Okinawa? It's no more than 2 hours from Tokyo (which is most likely where a Thai visitor will be changing planes).
yeah forgot to mention "(including time between city and airport)"

oh well, don't matter. OP looks like a one post wonder anyway.