Hey everyone,

A mate and I are thinking of trying to get to Japan in Feb. Neither of us have been before so we would like some advice on a good itinery, you know - Which mountain?, Where to fly to?, good place to stay? etc.

Don't want to spend toooo much but want some good powder and steep hills \:\) We only have about 10 days off work.

Quote:
Originally posted by Powderoo:
Please see my EDIT. Fattwins knows better than i do. Previous comments about Furano, Niseko, retracted. Go to Hakuba. Blah blah blah having a crap day so who cares any ways? wakaranai.gif
Yes, Hakuba is a fantastic place, you'll find everything you're looking for there and more. Don't even think of anywhere else, you won't be disappointed.

one8s...

The answer is that Hakuba isn't like Niseko (yet) in terms of numbers of gaijin around, but it is quite non-Japanese speaker friendly. Besides, the only communications that you are likely to need to make are with the people selling lift passes and maybe the people selling you your lunch.

When people want to take your money, I've found that they usually find a way to communicate with you...

Cos a) most regular posters are fans of one or the other and/or live in either of the two, and B) not quite true. We hear bits and pieces from some of the guys in other areas of northern Japan.

It's just that those are the main 2 destinations for people paying money t go somewhere.

I'm sure Hakuba offers more than enough for this little duck BP. two weeks to go mate and I'll be there. clap.gif

It's all new to me. One trip I'd like to get right off the track and visit some unique, obscure resorts that no gaijin ever goes to.