Hi there,

We are travelling from Finland to Japan for two weeks in the middle of February. We would love to go skiing at least for one week at Japan alps or farthest north island Hokkaido. However me haven't been before in Japan so I'm little confused where should we go skiing. I founded from Snowjapans map -> www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/map-of-japan.html hundreds of skiing centers but I have no idea what place we should select confused.gif .

Do you wan't to help and throw me some tips where shoud we go :p

We would like to do offpiste as well and I have understood that it's not permitted in all places. Is that true?

All information is appreciatet. Thanks in advance wave.gif

Best regards, Juha, Helsinki Finland

Not all places allow off-piste. Best to check the post here at the snowjapan site about each individual place. Dont do hokkaido right now... it's umm... yeah, dangerous? too cold.. too much snow ( is there such a thing? ) Nagano and Niigata are choice places in february. Hakuba 47 and Goryu, Happo One(olympics), Shiga Kogen, Nozawa Onsen are good places to check in nagano. For Niigata... My favorite is Myoko suginohara... but everyone has there pic. Akakura onsen is good too a little... easier though, great snowboard park.

Welcome from Suomi!

Very tough to advice while we have this many choices and while I don't know what you love and dislike. That's why SJ provides a lot of informations in this site.

Enjoy exploring the site and you'll find the answer \:\)

Hi there,

I found some good previous topics about destinastions. It's just hard to decide because there are so many good places :p . I read many reports from Fattwins, Togue and other lads. Hakuba, Hakkoda and Niseko seems to best places so I think we have to choose center from among those. I have to read more from here and tgr.com.

However we wan't to avoid crowded tourist places. We are skiing with telemark skis and with skins we can climb to the top. Lifts certainly saves time but I think that best places are often reached by yourself with skins.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

We stayed for one week at Hakuba. We stayd at Fattwins comfortable and relaxed place called Powderlodging . We found some nice BC north face slopes and there's lot's of dry snow although springtime is melting snow at south faces.

All in all Hakuba and Fattwins lodge are recommended places.

Tomorrow we are climbing to the top of Fuji and ski her down. We'll hope that weather is tolerable at hill.

57.jpg

49.jpg

47.jpg

41.jpg

43.jpg

Here\'s few pics from Hakuba area.

C U !