• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Only prob with my mitts is that they HONK! Have had them for like 7 years eek.gif \:o
Ever heard of soap and water? ;\)

I use gloves (skiier) because it's easier to pick my nose and pinch chicks on the rump.

(Snowboarders generally wear mitts because it's easier to do high-fives, and looks way sharper when doing those mandatory rap moves.) :p

Sorry meant trends as in, what people prefer in function, rather than fashion.

Skiiers wear mitts too, on the really filthy days, I wear my mittens. I prefer gloves as they offer better dexterity and grip, and easier to get through my stock loops.

Quote:
Originally posted by longboardsk8man:
Gloves at the moment, but looking to get a pair of those 3 finger Hestra mits (those ones that have the index finger separated from the other three fingers).
I want those too thumbsup.gif The Hestra Claws I think theyre called.

I like the look of the Hestra mitts too - they have a sticker on the packaging - I guess added by the importer - saying 'not for snowboard'!

They look pretty warm but they would take a bit of getting used to.

I want to replace my gloves with mitts

Quote:
Originally posted by skidaisuki:
Powderoo - thanks for the link. Those are a slightly different model to the 'not for snowboard' ones I've seen in Tokyo. Want some...
yeah there is a few different claw versions on the hestra site. Haven't seen one in the flesh, but it's an interesting idea.

My Burton Toast mitts wore out after 5 years, so I'm still in a pair of lightly insulated Bakoda black leather spring gloves (good for wanting to assassinate people in), or black leather bonfire pipe gloves with a suede and sticky print palm if it's a bit warmer, or no gloves if it's warm - I hate unnecessarily sweating into gloves - just don't wear them if it's warm.

My gloves are too chilly in high winds though, especially when they are still damp from the day before, so i'm looking for a decent pair of mitts.

Anyone got any recommendations?

(hated all the Level mitts I have ever seen, so don't recommend them!)

I liked the feel of the Black Diamond Patrol Mitt (that was also on SAC the other day) but the goatskin palm feels a bit too soft for snowboarding wear and tear, so I'm still looking...

The DaKine Bronco under-mitts look ok, gore-tex but not super insulated, so wondering about getting them big enough to fit over my leather pipe gloves.

The nicest mitts i've seen were the first season of Analog - black leather down under mitts - warm, tough and stylish in a simple style with no bells, whistles, logos,etc (like Level mitts have! ha ha)

Need to find some soon, before my hands get too cold...

A tough shell mitt would also be good, over either of my existing gloves....

Any decent

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
The nicest mitts i've seen were the first season of Analog - black leather down under mitts - warm, tough and stylish in a simple style with no bells, whistles, logos,etc (like Level mitts have! ha ha)
lol.gif This from the man with a 47 pocket jacket! Gonna have to nick-name that one the "suicide bomber" AK ;\)

i've got nice big woooly hestra mitts a la scandinavian ski style, if you want to borrow them AK? :p

i have mountain hardwear shells and inners (conduit material), they are not mitts, but they are awesome. do mountain hardwear make mitts anyone?

or what about gaku's green fluro steez? thumbsup.gif