I've read on this site that the Higashiyama gondola is not functioning for the duration of this season due to age. Is this the Prince gondola commencing from the Prince Higoshiyama Hotel that they are talking about? I'm booked in there for next week and would not be too happy if I had to catch a shuttle bus to ski every morning (especially after paying a premium for ski in/ski out). Any information would be appreciated.

The gondola from the hotel is called the Prince Gondola which runs from outside the locker room.

The Higashiyama Gondola has been out of action for many seasons. You won't miss it.

And don't just stay on Higashiyama, go over the top to Hirafu. You'll like it much more.

Quatro, the gondola that you saw is the prince gondola and as far as I know is running for this season. There's another gondola that hasn't been working for quite a while, you can see it on the map if you look at it. It's the one that leaves you near the "limited 3" course at the top. Now cos that gondola isn't working if you want to do that course you have to walk a little but I'd definitely recommend that run because due to the fact that you need to walk most people don't even know about it so it's usually quite untracked, in fact, when I went down it nobody had touched and it was in the afternoon.

Hey Thursday, I thought of going to Hotel Alpen and see you if you were around but I was thinking you were staying until the 6th like me, but actually you left earlier didn't you? Anyway, hope you had a good time. I stayed for a while in Niseko and climbed a bit but the snow wasn't that great,not that it was bad either. Then I went to asahidake where we had a great time.

By the way Higashiyama nigha sucks.

Coldcat, had a great time up top on the days it was open. The snow depth from last year was about 3m difference but there was still enough powder to say WOW.

Started off from Alpen most days with my 10:30 beer which helped with the shock of having to wait 20 mins to get on Ace quad. I have never seen so many people waiting for a chair in Niseko.

The Higashiyama gondola base still has a restaurnat there hanging on by their fingernails. I happened upon them when I wanted to avoid lunch at the Prince.