EBC gave a good rap on her Public Enemy sticks which got me interested.

Wangel online have got last years model for ¥29000 and my size.

Just a couple of queries - in reality as I'm out west, I'm not going to be doing much skiing off piste or in deep powder (lucky to get shallow) or playing parks.

So in the opinion of others, would I be frustrated just cruising the mountain? I love turning and how would their widish footprint behave on piste (crud ~ freshies)for such?

I wouldn't hesitate if I was skiing central or north.

Any comments appreciated.

deffinetly a big mountain powder ski. If you like to carve hard, this might not be the ski for you. If most of your time is going to be spent on groomers look at the Apache Line if you like K2.

Im on the Apache Recons this season until we get some real snow. They are great for carving and they hammer through the crud, and still wide enough to play in the POW!

Your probably going to have more fun with something in the mid fat range. But hey its only my opinion

yeh likesdapow, it's not for power carvers... but who the hell wants to do that anyway? if you want to have MORE fun, and cover all terrain out there, this is a great very sturdy all mountain ski... which of course can take on pow, crud, ice, groomers, bumps. i very much reccommend this ski..... even if you don't manage to go off piste so much, these skis still turn really really well, i love them - you'll see the difference compared to a carver, you can blast over anything, and they are just much more fun happyglass.gif

for way-too-indepth ski reviews, see epicski.com. It's an american-forum website for skiers/boarders and they review the piss out of pretty much anything you want to ride. Do a search for the Public Enemy and you'll see hundreds of threads regarding it.

warning, it's addictive and very PSIA. some wankers, some pros. everybody at that site pays attention. Way more core than here.

Maybe I am wrong, and this is only my opinion. I Put in a hardcore session with my brothers PE's last season at Kilington VT. These skis were way to chattery for me on goomers, but I come from a raceing background so thats only my opinion.

I think it depends on your style. and what type of terrain you will be on primaraly. As far as a true "all mountain ski" I have to disagree with the previous post. I am looking for something a bit more solid.

Maybe that is because I used these skis on the east coast (US) without any deep coverage.

What was the conditions like at Killington. Everytime I have gone there it's icy ice and cold as hell. I don't know that any ski would perform well there, although if it's just after a storm consitions can be lovely. ahhahahahaha

-SJA

Skiing on ice when its cold as hell haha. Its like a right of passage for all east coast skiiers and riders. I grew up raceing on that stuff.

Anyways, my session on the PE's was done primaraly on hard corduroy groomers and in the park. Any yes its was a bit nipply that day.

Thanks for the info.

Sam - I read some of the epic forums from time to time. Good stuff!

As always everyone has their personal leanings. For me handling well on not so good surfaces is paramount.

My 6 yr old K2 5000's didn't chatter (much), held a good edge on ice, turned the breeze, and dealt pretty well with the lumps. I never had to work em too hard - they did it!

I wouldn't want to go to anything that at least couldn't cut it with them.

I was always inclined to think that a true mid waist would be struggling a little on the harder stuff, but EBC's experience is not so.

I think I'll go that way. Just got to convince my better half that new ski's are more important than the winter fuel bills, finishing the fence, new roof for the carport, car shaken in March etc, etc...??? \:D

I got a midfat this winter and am surprised at the edge hold on firmer snow. It's the nordica Jet fuel (126-84-112) I blame the edge hold on the construction. Wood/metal/vertical sidewall. I think as long as you stay away from fiberglass/cap sidewalls, you'll get better firm snow performance. I believe that PE is sidewall right? I haven't actually seen it, but guesssing from much of k2s construction...

Quote:
Originally posted by likesDaPow:
deffinetly a big mountain powder ski
Are you talking about the PE? ;\)
When I think of big mountain powder skis the PE doesn't come to mind. Maybe that's just me though...
I don't even think you can put big mountain and powder in the same ski description. A big mountain ski might be the Rossi Squad while a powder ski might be the Volkl Sumo. Both are very different skis meant for different parts of the mountain

I'm sure the PE is a good all mountain ski and with a waste of 85mm you'll be able to ski most dumps without problems as long as you don't get one that is too short.
In Japan I'd definitly want a fat ski to go along with the mid-fat