Monkey having bad hair day.... \:o

We will be in shiga skiing from the 25th and hak from the 31st.... If anyone wants to meet up (read: give us guided tour - can trade for mars bars) just let us know.... We should be easy to find, just look for the fat ski dude with lots of mars bars sipping hot chocolate.

cool.gif

Get a JR east flexi 4 day pass it will save you money. You can get it in Japan at the airport JR counter downstairs.

Shiga Kogen says they will not accept Credit card for lift tickets over 30000 yen, but my mate bought his for 36000 the other day on CC no probs.

Hot choc is available, don't know the quality though. Try the udon noodles with curry, 650 yen a bowl in a little place under the Yakabetei gondola (blue and green one).

Money can be got at post office ATMs - not sure where in tokyo or nagano. There is a post office in Hasuike resort at Shiga, I assume they have a PO ATM. In Hakuba there is an ATM at the post office very close to JR rail station. Aussie cards work fine there.

Snow monkeys cool. 20 mins from Shiga. Your hotel no doubt can hook you up.

I am at Shiga til 27th. If you see a bloke in a red jacket charging under the blue and green gondola at Yakabeiti drop me a mars bar!!!!

Yakabeiti is the best resort I reckon.

Unfortunately we begone from Shiga by then and back in the heat in oz \:\( so we'll miss you modaddie.

Thanks for all the help everyone, got 4 day JR pass and on the way tomorrow....

Got triple choc mars bars in bag along with the normal ones \:\)

Timcraig, we'll keep a look out for you, we're starting in Yakebeiti on the 26th so there's a chance to see you. Just look for an out of practice aussie on a pair of red Atomic B5's, will keep a spare mars bar in the jacket for you.

A Mars a Day helps you work rest and play

Now that I am the voice of experience, I can confirm hot chocolates are definately available at Shiga....

The place at the bottom of the gondala at okushigakogen has a very good hot choccie combined with great speghetti for lunch....

Prince hotel at yakebi also has yum hot choc.... and cakes for arvo tea....

Now at hakuba so will see you all out there....

A mars a day helps you work, rest and play.

\:\)