Ok so here's the deal, for some strange reason, we are flying Qantas, from Melbourne to Haneda, then a night stopover at the airport (which JAL pays for?) then the next day flying JAL, Narita to Sapporo, but that leaves us to get from Haneda to Narita, we'll have all our gear. Bags. Ski bag, etc.

So whats the best way to get from Haneda airport to Narita airport? wakaranai.gif

TIA thumbsup.gif

Easy, cheap (not free though, as far as I can remember) shuttle bus, runs via all the airport hotels. Make sure your bus gets you to Haneda on time, the transfer takes about an hour in good traffic. Just let the Hotel staff know at check-in, and they will book you onto the correct bus.

You could take the bus or the train.

If it was me I would take the bus so I didn't have to transfer all my luggage. The bus will take you doorstep to doorstep, and you will still go right through Tokyo.

But, the train will likely be right on time where the bus MAY be a bit late, but they are usually pretty damn close to schedule. If taking the bus, I would leave a hour and a half leeway to account for a late bus or check-in delays which I've never experienced at Haneda but...

If you take the keisei line, it turns into the Toei Asakusa line, which turns into the Keikyu line and takes you all the way from Narita to Haneda. It's dirt cheap, if money is a concern.

XilR8, Will all those trains go directly to Haneda ? Or just some of them?

I remember when I lived in Shonan I ended up at Haneda instead of going to Yokohama a couple times (I'm a slow learner) just jumping on Keikyu without lookin, jammin on my headphones, and Shhiiitttt!!

I've got to make the same bus journey next month, first time I've not managed to get a connection from Narita to Chitose.

Go by bus. Door to door (or should that be gate to gate?) with all your bags, 3000 yen each way. Narita Express (train) to Tokyo station (i.e. you still have to get out to Hanada airport) 2940 yen. No doubt you could get there by more local trains, but you don't need the stress of changing trains at stations you don't know when already tired and when carrying arm loads of bags. It's a no brainer really!

I think I'll be taking the limousine bus, sounds a hell of a lot easier, cash shouldn't be a problem. So might as well relax and enjoy the door to door service.

Thanks for all the info, hopefully this will help others making the trip. thumbsup.gif

The train may be cheaper, quicker and more reliably on-time, but the convenience of door-door service and not having to deal with luggage is well worth the extra expense and time. Just MHO...