Anyone planning on going to this?

I can't wait!!!

-From NSs-

TOKYO, JAPAN, December 11, 2006 -- After a 5 year absence, world-class Freeskiing competition is making a return to Japan. Suzuki presents the Nippon Freeskiing Open taking place at Joetsu Kokusai Ski Resort, Niigata, Japan, from February 15 - 18, 2007. Japan's hottest up-and-comers will have a chance to challenge the world's best freeskiers like Simon Dumont, Tanner Hall, Sammy Carlson, Jon Olsson, Charles Gagnier, Sarah Burke, and Kaya Turski in Superpipe, Slopestyle, and Big Air.

"Japan is one of the world's biggest ski markets and I'm so happy to see a big event back over there," says Freeskiing Godfather and event consultant, Mike Douglas. "The event organizers have hired the best possible people to ensure the success of the contest. Award winning park-builder, Steve Petrie, will be building the courses and cutting the Superpipe, and X Games Head Judge, Josh Loubek, is coordinating the judges for the event."

Joetsu Kokusai, located just 80 minutes from Tokyo via bullet train, has hosted World Cup Snowboarding events in the past and is familiar with the logistics involved in hosting world-class freestyle competitions. The Big Air venue is particularly spectacular as it is located right at the base of the ski area in a massive natural amphitheater.

The Nippon Freeskiing Open is sponsored by Suzuki, Salomon, and Joetsu Kokusai Ski Resort. Events include Men's and Women's Superpipe, Men's and Women's Slopestyle, and Men's Big Air. Total prize purse is $60,000 usd. For more information please contact: nipponfreeskiingopen@hotmail.com

No I think she's giving this one a rest cos her coach said that her chances were not good this time with her injury still not fully healed or something like that. Also there was something about the sponsors being hesistant, also because of the injury, so there were some issues about money....there not being enough of it......and then at some point he (the coach) was so drunk he starting throwing spoons, saying: "I'm gonna throw this FORK at you".

That's how i remember it. BCS, is that the way it happened? Did I get the sequence right? Did I leave out some important details?

yeh this year i'm out of competition, i'm in for physio non stop, my coach is busy, and when we do see each other there are usually fork/spoon/wine throwing incidents..... which predictably lead onto lot of quibbling about what i should/should not be doing. i say cork 720 switch for the big air comps, and he's all about kinky rails. we just can't agree on anything. the sponsors aren't happy about the cliff hucking injury at all, one of them is threatening to drop me and take on some guy he met at new years called bjorn, and he doesn't even ski! it ain't looking good chaps. anyone else want to sponsor me and back my efforts to take on tanner?

would love to go check it out. will play by ear. kaze ma kase. If I do go, hopefully I won't see the prick Josh Loubek who's apparently now the head judge. (head judge really fits his personality)

• 1 month later...

MH, are you going to see this tomorrow?

A friend of a friend David is there for tomorrow's preliminary which was postponed yesterday and today. He is having fun party with pros tonight again, maybe.

Of course, thats this weekend isn't it. They will sure be happy for the extra snow falling the last few days as JK was looking very very sad just a few days ago. I heard that they have been shipping snow in by the many truckload preparing for that.