I know alot of us will be in Hakuba for New Years weekend. So if your going to be in Hakuba and you would like to hook up and ski, ride, eat, or party with some fellow SJ members, post your days, and ability level. Hopefully we can get some locals to show us newbies to the area some good terrain.

Dates:30-2

Ability: Expert Skier (more than willing to go with boarders)

Wants: I want to meet some SJ members, ski and drink my butt off for 4 days

Summary: It will be my first time to Hakuba, I am bringing my girlfriend and she is a beginner, so needless to say Im going to want to get away and ski/ride with some people of equal or better ability. Partying goes without saying, anyone willing to take some time and show me some stuff, I will have the first round at the bar, and thats a promise.

Thanks for all or any help, hopefully this thread will grow and our New Years weekend will be that much better.

You're not too late, likesDP, I just got back from Hakuba two days ago and let me tell you, I was too early. Snow conditions were not good at all. Nevertheless that didn't stop me from having a good time with Fattwins, Slow, BCS, BP, CB, Barok and other members of the crew. Make sure you hook up with these cool people.

I see that now Sun Alpina is up and running but it was closed while I was there. And I didn't get to do Iwatake either. It only really snowed as I was leaving.

Would have liked to have sent my thanks to you all in Hakuba for making my stay so much fun much earlier, but this is the first time I have been able to get back on line after that earthquake-internet-disruption. Cheers!

And CB, 晩餐にご馳走さまでした.

Skied Happone Saturday, by far the best day of the trip. I didn't get on the slopes till 10 (our bus got stuck) and I was still able to find plenty of untouched powder over most of the mountain. It was my first day out this season and so far the best. Its Just to bad my legs were bunrt after 3 runs.

Did Happone again on Sunday, a bit warmer and runs were getting scalped pretty fast. Runs also super crowded but hey its New Years weekend.

Went to Q-tips for New Years eve, had blast. I think I remember a dancing dog, Spider-man, and Batman. Stoped drinking at 6:30am with plans to ski at 8:00

Monday- no ski for me. Swear off drinking forever, or at least until dinner.

Tuesday- Happone again, Nice groomers up top, lots of salsa on the bottom. Insanely crowded, no new snow.

Pics will fallow tonight when I get out of work. Anyone else dance with the dog at q-tips on New Years?

All in all it was a great trip. We stayed at the Villa Hakuba and it was great. The food was top notch, friendly staff, easy for Americans that don't speak Japanese. and its about a 1 minute walk to the lift.

The top of the mountain was pretty nice, found some steap terrain which was awsome on Saturday with the fresh snow. I didn't spend much time at all towards the bottom, snow was to thin, many bare spots, rocks, weeds.

Night life in Hakuba seems pretty good, I went to a Pub right down the street from the Villa Hakuba, pretty nice place, many friendly Aussies. Q-tips for New Years was pretty insane, Im not much for dance clubs but I had a blast. Good mix of people, Japanese, Americans, Aussies, Kiwis, even met a hottie from Columbia. Bunch of Navy guys showed up with a giant dog costume, Spider-man and Batman suits. I guess Im getting old because I couldn't move untill about 2pm the next day.

Deffinetly going back to Happone, I would like to check out 47 and Goryu as well. Spent most of my time with beginner snow boarders so I hope to go with some more expireanced people next time.

new years went something like this................

ohhh shit what will i wear? ummm ummmm ummmm...... bugger it, let's dress AK instead, in pink and white, pearls, big sunglasses and call him BJORN all night, problem solved...... good, now it doesn't matter what i wear, cause everyone will look at him. we hot heel it to snowed inn..... free drinks cause bjorn looks so hot, SCORE!

almost midnight, dash to q'tips, bad music, dancing dogs, fights with navy boys and some dirty dancing ooooooooh ehhh it's time to leave......

next stop - kokusai lodge, hmmmmm the road isn't open and ebc forgets about the OTHER access road, so directs AK under the lift and up the ski slope.... in his car, nice one, we just drove up happo to some doped out reggae party with some scary girls from tokyo, AK especially appreciated the fir coat and boots girl, not sure what else she was wearin...... this party is lame.... let's go find some real reggae.......

drive back down the ski slope after a bit of a push (thanks guys), BUMP... too late, savage ride, AK's suspension is buggered.

arrive at masta braster, drink some champagne out a nalgene and dance to the best music we've heard all night, but still somehow have an urge to return to q'tips... decidedly a bad move, all goes a bit blurry, somehow end up back at home at 6am, messy, very messy.

and here he is, the man of the night.... AK77 / Bjorn

eskimobasecamp_190.jpg