Hi Guys,

With a new arrival in the Family, our holiday plans will change a little, does anyone know of good creche facilities in any of the Japan resorts(Honshu or Hokkiado),when we go she will be about 18 months. preferably the creche would be English speaking, but not essential, has anyone had any good/bad experences with creche over there,

Have boarded a fair bit over there , but have given it a miss the last couple of seasons due to crowds and to try something different(Gulmarg)I recomend you try it!!!

CHEERS

Really depends on the creche, have been to Niseko, Rusutsu & hokkoda, but wanted to try something different if possible, have looked at Furano and Tomamu(spelling!)but was quite keen to try out one of the resorts on Honshu,but with an 18 month old we might be a bit limited,

So any info at this stage would be great,

chers

I'd rather take a nanny, at least you know then who is looking after your kids and they can go inside/outside. Usually those creches are just kids rooms suited mainly to real small kids.

I7ve seen prices from 3000yen for half day to 5,000 for the whole day.

Were bringing one of the women who works at the day care in the gym our wives attend. She only wants a token amount to cover her lost income from time off work, but we are paying airfares, accommodation, meals, etc. which is going to end up pricey by the time we're done, maybe AUD8000 (744000Y) for two weeks, but I agree with Indosnm that I'd rather him be with someone we know, in the comfort of our own hotel accommodation.

Quote:
Originally posted by keba:
when they're a bit older...
...you'll have to pay for the flights \:\(
2 y.o. and over, I believe. Babies fly free or at 10%.

I think the Goryu creche starts at 1 y.o, but you'll not get first lifts as reception isn't till 9.15.

Yeah, next time we might try a different way, maybe even leave the little guy with his nana... especially when he gets into that awkward window between two and three, when his flight has to be paid for, but he's too young to go into ski school \:o

By the time we have a teenager, I hope we're not still having babies... without giving too much away, by the time our little guy is 13, I will be on the wrong side of 50.