Quote:
Originally posted by boardbaka:
sweet pic- bro is that you?
No, I haven't been on skis in the last... hmmm, let'see, 15 years, since I first tried snowboarding (I'd like to give it a go again this season, though). \:\)

The pic comes from fuorivia, a very small italian forum.

Hey! Simon is back for his regular friendly start-of-season hello.

Hi dude.

I was hanging out in Milano on the weekend. Also passing through town next Thursday on the way to Cham. Planning a week hiking and attacking some lines off the north ridge along Tete Nord de Fours, which is a pretty cool low level corner of the massif tucked away part way between les Contamines and Courmayeur. Perhaps the snow wont cooperate, who knows. Let me know if you are in the area over Christmas. Also in Engelberg over NYE. That along with Andermatt are shaping up to be my regulars until spring.

That's a quality picture from Verbs. I have seen it elsewhere ;\) ... I might join you for the chatter going on there.

I missed that powder weekend. Went to the Pitztal glacier the weekend before and it was pretty bad. Then I head to Paris the following weekend and of course, miss out on near waist deep. The way this season is shaping up, you cant afford to miss the dumps.

Ciao db. wave.gif

If you're in Milan on thursday try to have a very loose schedule: traffic is *insane* in these pre-Christmas days (today it took me almost two hours to cover 17km). The trip to Chamonix looks great: fingers crossed for the snow.

I'll be in Switzerland for three weeks (and then every week-end after that) from next monday: the season pass at the 4 Vallees comes with several free day passes at other resorts and I'm quite sure that Andermatt is one of them, so I'll definitely be there on jan or february. Chamonix is also very close to us, so... I'll track your movements around the globe and alert you when we have a good chance to bump into each other. \:\)

Traffic, hmmm. Thanks for the warning.

I scoped out some really good looking northerly terrain near to Andermatt a few weeks ago. Access is easiest from the Gottardo pass road, which is of course shut in winter. You could still hike the road route - a very long but mostly gentle option. Or possibly get there from the top of Andermatt with some solid hiking and a few small ascents and descents along the way. Eitherway, its a very long day out, probably a two day effort with a tent. But it looks good and offers a few choices for ending the tour with a really long descent back down to the valley ending up near Realp. Here is the centre of the north face. If you are interested I am planning to attampt it in Feb.....

NE%20face.jpg

Looking forward to bumping into you.