If you dont wanna waste your time, leave. Pretty simple.

>Imagine being in a restaurant at lunch time on a slope.

well, they'd wake up to an empty chair. Im not sure if your situation was at a resort or not, either way who cares, why bit&h bout it on here when you couldve done something bout it?

Maybe you can say "mou ii desuka?" to them. If it's busy lunch time, I think usually people don't occupy a table only with half full glasses cokes for 1 hour, do they?

Also, I would get in a restaurant earlier than others do to avoid crowds, redvaseline. Especially when I have small kids with me coz they need much time only for small lunch - 1 hour or so.

Avoid crowds, that's the key!

;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by redvaseline:
What would you do ..if You are waiting for a lunch table with 3 japanese guys sipping on a half-full coke glass for almost an hr and only to find them napping? Imagine being in a restaurant at lunch time on a slope.
As the others suggested. Otherwise, start early - have big high carb. dinner the night before, a big breakfast, carry some fruit/choco bars/water and forego a sit-down lunch.

We do this - get more runs in because most of the slope/lift queues empty at lunchtime/s, keep warm and alert because of the carbs and bulk, don't get tired in the afternoon because the body is not digesting food, and usually we get a lot of freshies too.

Lunch is for losers. ;\)

I tend to agree, lunchtime cuts into the perfect time to ski, when no-one else is. Infact I do exactly what SZ does, load up the night before, head out as soon as you can the next morning, go hard. Have short break around 11, then enjoy the lunchtime quietness, and then have another quick break around the 3pm mark, more powerbars, snacks, etc, and the be happy in the knowledge that when you finish when the lifts close you had a great day, and you can relax in the onsen/bar/couch etc.

lunch while skiing is a pretty expensive rest, and besides you should be skiing.

Go in for short stops to dry out goggles and hats, and eat your power bar with several glasses of free water, then get out again when the hordes head in.

I can't believe how much Japanese people like to take breaks when skiing or snowboarding.

Mind you the French take a break all afternoon if it's sunny.

Quote:
Originally posted by keba:
I normally rest at 10:30 or so, then agan at 2. Short breaks, miss the crowds, keep the ATP levels up.
I find it more enjoyable to break it down into ADP skiing than keep it up - or just use all the glucose and fructose I have until theyre exhausted and then go soak in an onsen with a few beers \:D

I don't take much of a rest at all - thats for after 5pm. But if some people are unreasonably taking up space in a busy place like that, I'll ask them to move. If they don't get the staff to.

The fried pork on a bowl of rice is pretty good @ the king bell at grand hirafu...

however, i tend to just go in there to dry out and rest, and do the afformentioned *eat power bar and drink free water*...

Someone snoozing at the table is no different then when resorts here rope off whole sections of restaurants for the bus loads of brats they bring in. mad.gif

Just have to deal with it.

Avoid peak times, queues and waiting for things. Time is limited so just think laterally. If I see an ATM with a huge queue I just look for another one. Why wait around when you can keep moving and find and alternative? Not always an option of course, but I always feel like I'm being cheated if I have to wait in line for ages. Besides, most people don't think like this and there's often a free ATM around the corner.

I quite like having a good chill for half an hour or so during a day on the mountain. Just not at lunchtime with all the other chumps who're sleeping in their coca-cola or whatever.