I often watch vids of extreme boarding & skiing and I think wow that looks like fun. Id like to give it a go (in my wildest dreams). But watching the Duvest Dayz helmet cam footage I was thinking - noooo way would I get into that sort of situation. It would scare the bejesus outa me (and Id die). The guy back flipping off cornices etc is a nutter. Seems a bit pointless, half the fun is riding away from a jump.

I like this video from Youtube.Its not an extreme ski board vid. Its footage from Akita, its mellow with a cool soundtrack and is well edited, it shows that anyone on the piste can make something watchable and it makes me pine for the snow of Tohoku

lol.gif Norwegian tree jumping. That's my level of bc tree dodging.

Rory Bushfield makes it look easy. But I like the kayaking in powder. Gives new meaning to an eskimo roll. I fancy that, at least it get me up above the deep. Wonder how a kayak would fare in a slide? Would you be able to 'float' to the top?

Cheers Torihada!

MiniDV is my setup, works well BUT does anyone have a good idea on how to get sound??!! Using the mini camera plugged into the input of the Video Camera turns off the std mic and no plug-in mics work....the only way I have got sound is from a mic into my laptop, then headphones out of the laptop into the video camera input! Thought it needed a bit of amplification, so tried the same using a MD player - didn't work, bought the Sony plug-in condensor mic - doesn't work, obviusly needs a mic with external power...any ideas?

Here is a poor pic of the cam,

Helmet_Cam.jpg

Excuse all the duct tape, it was my first time using it and I really didn't want the camera to come off. There is a mount under there...

Will put some vids up of Japan when I get time.

Here is a nice vid I just came across,

Cheers all!

Cheers woollyman, I liked the clip. Now as we're playing this game;

helmetcam.jpg

This is what I've just finished.I am particularly proud of my modification to a small pelican case for the mini dv. Hopefully the velcro for the bullet cam will hold up (it's stuck to the helmet with heavy duty carpet tape). I got the bullet (420 lines) from the states for a pretty good price.

I got a high gain mic bundled with the cam, and it seems pretty good.You can see the additional cable for the mic disappearing into the cam sleeve. The av cable from the mini dv has yellow (video), red & white jacks (audio), the mic output plugs into the white jack from the av. That's how I pick up my sound. It all adds to the spaghetti :rolleyes:

Looking well protected Torihada.

I have found what I need,

MIC.jpg

Only problem is that it's in England, Helmet Cam accessories , hang on, aren't you in London Torihada?! cool.gif

Does anyone know where I could pick up something like this in Japan? YES, Akihabra will be on my list when I get a chance to go next week, but I'd rather order it on-line....

Quote:
Will put some vids up of Japan when I get time.
Here is a nice vid I just came across,
Ohhhhh thats sooooo sweet. If I can look forward to that I'm going to be more stoked than a fire on a cold night.

Thanks WM!

Some interesting head cam setups. Be interesting to see some more footage.

another alternative is to record sound on a seperate device and sync them up during editing. If you are able to get a mic to go with your camera - you'll want to stash is somewhere that won't catch too much wind noise or the audio will be worthless.

-SJA

• 3 weeks later...